"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Friday, September 12, 2014

Fun Friday with a lot of help from my friends.



I am so ready for fall - I am not a hot weather person so I think summer has been long enough. 




HOW STRONG IS YOUR CORE? 


AMAZING RIGHT?



Are you smarter than most 50+ year olds?

THIS WAS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT. THE ANSWERS WERE ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE. I REMEMBERED, BUT ... DON'T LOOK BELOW FOR THE ANSWERS UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED IT A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, “I don't know, but he left this behind”. What did he leave behind? __ ______ ________.

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ___ _________ Show.

03. 'Get your kicks, ____ ________ ____.'

04 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to ________ ____ _______.'

05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ___ _____ _______ ________.'

06. After the Twist, the Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, We 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go
In a dance called the '_____________.'

07. "Nestle's makes the very best _____________."

08. Satchmo was America’s 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _____________.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.

10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named _____________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and _____________.'

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their ______________.

12. 
The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front 
was called the VW. What other names did it go by? 
__________ & ________

13. 
In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 
'the day the music died.' 
This was a tribute to ___________________.

14. 
We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. 
The Russians did it. 
It was called ___________________.

15. 
One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's 
Was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist.. 
It was called the ‘_______ - _______’.


 THANKS LEE



Do you know what this is a picture of?  Thanks Lee.






 

ANSWERS:

01. 
The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
02. 
The Ed Sullivan Show.
03. 
On Route 66.
04. 
‘To protect the innocent’.
05. 
The Lion Sleeps Tonight.
06. 
The Limbo.
07. 
Chocolate.
08. 
Louis Armstrong.
09. 
The Timex watch.
10. 
Freddy, the Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.' 
11. 
Draft cards 
(Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed) 
12. 
Beetle or Bug 
13. 
Buddy Holly 
14. 
Sputnik 
15. 
Hoola-hoop

Send this to your 'older' friends, 
(Better known as Seniors.) 
It will drive them crazy!

And keep them busy and let them forget their aches and pains for a few hours.



One of my duties during the school year is to help get the grandson and pooch up for school.

How do you think that is going? 





THE LAUGH:




THE LIFT?






x_3bb458d1 photo x_3bb458d1.gif

54 comments:

MadSnapper said...

I only knew the answers to number 2 and 12... that is why i can't play games, when i read a question i draw a blank. if these were multiple choice i would make 100 or close to.

Jim said...

A very nice Friday post, Sandie. I liked your +50 remembers quiz. I got them all correct. Of course I am almost over 50. :)

BTW, my newest watch is a Timex. I press the winder and the dial lights up. But since I don't wear glasses I still can't tell what time is there in the dark.
..

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Haha ha. The pic of your GS is funny. I bet he doesn't want to get up!

I love all the pumpkins!

TARYTERRE said...

Loved the LIFT. Great quote.

Soggibottom said...

Must have watched far too much t.v. in my youth :-) X X X

Jeanie said...

Fun post today, Sandie. I got all but one question right...I'm not sure if that is good or not since I sometimes can't remember what I did yesterday. :)

Sandee said...

I'm ready for some cooler weather too. We are having a heatwave this weekend. Glad we're staying home and not going to the boat.

Amazing. Such strength. Both of them are amazing and they make it look so easy.

I did terrible on the questions too. You'd think I'd do better. Bugger.

The laugh...Many times. Many times.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I am so ready for some cooler weather for sure! I am bringing out some Fall decor hoping it will help! hugs,
Linda

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the upside down kitty! No I don't know what that was a picture of but I have one idea. Those mornings for school were always the worst....cute photo. Have a great weekend.

Preppy Empty Nester said...

Love these. I answered about 60 percent right. Love the pic of Disco and your darling grandson! Have a wonderful weekend!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You already KNOW what my favorite is!! Disco and his boy. The position of them in the bed is sweet, adorable, and funny. The next favorite is the walkway of pumpkins!!

Sheila Y said...

I got quite a few right. Love your posts! What is the picture of? Have a wonderful weekend! Sheila

barbara woods said...

knew them all i guess that means i'm old!!

Lynn said...

I think I did pretty well on the test... wait, there was a test??? Have a great weekend Sandie:@)

Susan said...

Hi Sandie...I did pretty good on the remembering things questions. Does that date me? hee hee

Enjoyed today's post, as always. Susan

NanaDiana said...

Those are all great today, Sandie. I got all but one of the questions right- must have been just mu age!

Love the picture of the "boy in bed" ...lol xo Diana

jp@A Green Ridge said...

The wheel is turning but the hamster is dead!!! Got to steal that one!!!!...:)JP

Debbie said...

I got every one except number 1. I never have watched the Lone Ranger.

I'm going to quiz my husband next.

I loved (lovedlovedloved) the picture of your GS and Disco in the bed. I very literally let out a laugh... out loud.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I got everything but God Less. How could I forget that???

And Buddy Holly's name was in the tip of my tongue but this IPAD battery is dying.

Trying to hurry.

xo

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I got everything but God BESS, NOT LESS. How could I forget that???

And Buddy Holly's name was in the tip of my tongue but this IPAD battery is dying.

Trying to hurry.

xo

Sheila :-)

Sally Wessely said...

I must be old. I knew the answers to the +50 quiz.

The path lined with pumpkins was nice. That would be fun to do if one grew a lot of pumpkins.

Sharon said...

I only got one thing wrong - I thought the hobo on Red Skelton was Klem Kadiddlehopper. Oh well. And, you never told us what that picture was - (submitted by Lee). It almost looks like a snail shell to me.

GS and Disco - that was such a funny photo. I just love pictures that show the loving relationship between a dog and boy!

Have a great weekend - XOXO

betty said...

How cool with those pumpkins ;)

I got about 10 right on that quiz, that was fun to do!

I don't envy you, Sandie, having to get a teenager up and ready for school. We were always running late at our house; he liked to sleep until the last possible moment :)

betty

Nonnie said...

The only one I missed was Sputnik. Kept thinking cosmos! That was fun.

Debbie said...

Ha! I beat my husband. He missed two of them. Of course, he knew the Lone Ranger one.

jack69 said...

nice time here tonight. Enjoyed the quiz. I always like a quiz that I know the answers to. LOL

Oh yeah, I see you are winning the Revelee battle BIG time. LOL

Tough time with the web tonight.

Love from North CArolina.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Sandie, Always love your 'lift' --and took it for my sidebar sometime. Thanks!!!

The one about being normal made me laugh.. I truly don't consider myself NORMAL... ha

That test was fairly easy for an old broad like me... However, if you gave me a test about today's TV/music/movies, etc. I would fail flat...

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Terri D said...

I didn't remember Freddy the Freeloader, but did remember Goodnight and God Bless. I got the others right. I'm old. I always enjoy your posts, Sandie!! Have a good weekend!

Mevely317 said...

Like Debbie, I got everything except #1 -- I never watched a single episode!

Won't you please tell us what's that image Lee sent you? I'd probably be embarrassed to admit the things I'm supposing! LOL!

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Happy Friday!
love
tweedles

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I got some right but not that many but I could have done worse

Paula said...

Some I knew for sure and some I wasn't sure or couldn't remember what it was but it was fun. Have a nice week-end Sandie.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We have cooled down here in Ohio big time and it's feeling like fall. After our recent heat wave it is a welcome relief and I think many are feeling like it is time for summer to be over. I wouldn't like the job you have of getting your grandson out of bed. Seems Disco has other ideas for sure. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I cannot wait for cooler weather :) I hope you have a good weekend Sandie!

mail4rosey said...

I knew ten of the trivia questions, and guessed another. Not too bad... :) Here to wish you a happy weekend!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

love these especially the turkey and the Andy in bed. Have an amazing weekend Sandie. Love and hugs.

Granny Annie said...

I am printing the test to take to the senior center on Monday. Will let you know how it goes. I missed two but I will never tell which two because once I heard the answers I was ashamed not to have remembered them.

Journeyin' Lady... said...

As usual your Blog was full of fun!!

Merlesworld said...

I could answer most of the questions but iI did think you burnt your bra for woman's lib, and not being american some I just don't know.
Merle.........

Ann said...

I did pretty good. there were only 2 that I didn't know the answer to

Catherine said...

Dear Sandie, That is some strength!!! They certainly ate their Wheaties!!
Well, I got 1 wrong on that test.
You always brighten my day or evening.
I hope your are feeling better. I keep you in my prayers.
Blessings dear and hugs, Catherine xo

Lee said...

Have you succeeded yet with your grandson and the pooch, Sandie? :)

Lynn said...

I don't like hot weather either, but yet I feel a certain wistfulness that summer has gone by so quickly.

I almost made 100 on the quiz - couldn't think of Freddy the Freeloader to save my life. :)

Susannah said...

Fabulous post!!!!! I loved it...especially the little test..... as a matter of fact....I did very well!!!! Only missed 1 1/2!!!!!!

Donna said...

Hahahaaa....stole the questionnaire!!!
LOVED it!
Hope you're doing good sweet lady!
hughugs

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wow..I feel smart...or old..HA HA I knew all the answers!! I love the shot of gs and pooch..I feel that very way most mornings...just cover my head up and I'm good for a while longer! SO glad I don't have to hop out of bed and go to yucky old school!

JOHN said...

love the pic of GS

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Sweet Sandie,

You know I enjoy visiting you so much and you always have the neatest, funniest and most meaningful topics.
I always keep pondering your quotes, quips and anecdotes long after I have visited.
I hope this finds you well and cooling off. I am just wondering if Summer will end!!
I want to move to Colorado-even if they do have Winter!
Love,
Jemma

Art and Sand said...

I got all but 2 of the answers right away. And, I still use my Hula Hoop daily - I check my Instagram while doing 30 minutes of Hula Hoop!

Unlike you, I am loving these last hot days of summer on the beach and not ready for fall at all.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

Love your posts. So funny and yet so inspirational Thanks.

Marie said...

Love the pumpkins! I love our cooler weather here, it's sunny and cool in the 70's.

Ivy and Elephants said...

So cool loved the test, many senior moments, now how could I forget that!
Great fun.
Hugs,
Patti

Hootin Anni said...

OH my gosh....those cartoon clips are hilarious. Love the 'dead hamster and turning wheel.'

As for the questions, I got 'em all but #11...burning a draft card. Of course...why didn't I remember that you wonder?

Nice to have you stop by and visit!!

Betty said...

I missed 8 and half of 10. Not too bad!