"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, September 25, 2017

Introducing Disco

DISCO

Here is is laying on his stomach on HIS own desk chair- with HIS pillow underneath him. and HIS two blankets on top of him.  He is resting, but is has one eye open to check that things are running smoothly in our household.

If I go upstairs he comes up and if I go downstairs he comes down.  That is true for everyone here - he has divided his day up to be able to spend time with all four of us.  True.  He is a four people dog.  

When I say a four person dog, I mean four and only four. 

He WILL NOT TOLERATE anyone or anything else!

We have had Disco for eight years now.  He was a rescue dog - they found outside - and he was about two years old.  They said that he had been abused.  He trots with the front going a titch to the left and his back side a titch right.  I am not sure what that means, but he walked that way from the beginning.

It was love at first site and it has been this way ever since.

My grandson loves this dog very much.

Now you do not have to tell me he is spoiled - all my grands and kids are spoiled.  That is the way we tend to roll here - not saying it is good or bad - it is just the way it is.


Disco is THE BEST DOG EVER except for two things.  

I think he thinks he is a person and deserves all the rights and privileges as us.
He LOVES to go out and ride - and when we don't take him - his revenge side comes out.  Believe it or not he will go and pee on the kitchen floor by the chair of the person he is mad at.  When we go out we gate him out of carpeted areas because who knows what he would do.

Now I am not thrilled about that - but I can clean it up with disinfectant and the floor is as good as new.  It is only in the kitchen and not the wooden floors thank goodness.

 He loves the color pink - I am not sure he knows or sees it's pink but it is the only color of toys he will play with.

Now the 2nd and biggest problem we have is that he is fiercely sweet to us - but to anyone - anything - door bells - other animals - friends coming over - the vet - he is MEAN!
He is not that big - but boy he acts like he weighs 200 pounds.  I have seen grown men cower from him.

His hair on the back of his neck down his spine actually stands up - like a cat.

He will bite too.

You can put him in a room and close the door - he will not stop barking no matter how long he is in there.

At the vet he has to be muzzled - we told the vet we should get the Dog Whisperer to come and he said it would not help poor Disco.  They only take cases he thinks he can help!

We have theories as to why he is like this, but we don't really know.  
It is like he has two personalities.
I do think he has something mental going on - but the touch of the matter is he is GREAT to us!

I guess truth be told - he is in the perfect family because we are dysfunctional too!



This joke is true too!  Except it is the IPhone!!!

If this is someone's photo and they wish for me to remove it please get in contact with me.

Love, Chatty



Proverbs 4:23


23 Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it.



28 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Pets that have been abused, have long memories and many fears. Lucky Disco ended up with just the right family who loves him dearly.

Cheri said...

Disco is where he needs to be...with a family who loves him unconditionally.

Granny Annie said...

I feel like I have known Disco a long time. I did not know that he was unkind to strangers. My dog Slim is 11 and she too was abused before we adopted her as a stray. She has lots of quirks that the vet says were caused by abuse. She is sweet though and loves human visitors but will tear into animals that intrude on our property. I am happy to report Slim has never peed on our floor. Can't say the same for our newest dog Frankie.

betty said...

Cant believe you had hin that long! I remember you writing about getting him and hoping your allergies woukd be okay with him. Perfect dog for you all.

Betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'd say it's ok to be spoiled and I don't think we can ever spoil those we love enough. It sounds to me that your disco is not willing to share his family.He wants you all to himself. Nice he's not stingy when it comes to sharing his love for all the family anyway. What a sweetheart.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Disco is lucky to have found such a loving family. I'm sure he is protective to the extreme with all of you. Hugs!

MadSnapper said...

Jake loves no one but us, he used to love cooper and baby, and he loved my 2 sons, but they moved away and now he loves only us. we muzzle him at the vet also. he has never bitten anyone, but acts like he would. he was really abused but I think what his problem is, we never have company, he has lived 12 plus years with us and seen only us. and no other dogs except ours. they need to be socialized and we did not. so now we pay

Lady Jane said...

I have know Disco for ever too and I didn't know about this side of him. I am glad he found a family to love and love him back. My pooch is now 1 1/2 and it seems he never will stop eating everything in sight. I do worry about him not surviving till 2... It drives us crazy. The other day he chased my kids car down the driveway so now we have to be mindful of that. Oh E vay!!! Hugs, LJ

Lynn said...

There's nothing like a loyal pet like that. And I love that he is a rescue, my favorite "breed."

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love it! I bet he WAS abused. And he loves only you guys because you gave him a home and feed and take care of him. Anyone else could be bad abusers, who knows? Pink! I will have to google and see if dogs are color blind, apparently not!

barbara woods said...

our two dogs are nothing alike. one goes all the time and the other lays around all the time but both hates strangers.

Nonnie said...

Oh Disco, Disco, you have so much personality, but you need to stop punishing your people who love you. It's wonderful they understand your dysfunctional quirky ways, but maybe they might give you more pink toys if you stop that peeing. You are such a protector! I feel sorry for any burglar. I love that last graphic.

Terri D said...

That photo looks just like Disco! Hope no one makes you remove it! Disco is a lucky boy!

Betty said...

Does that mean if someone else comes in the house you have to lock Disco up? If only he could talk. I've told you that my Chloe goes crazy when she sees or hears another dog. My joke is that if we ever had to evacuate and go to a shelter the entire shelter would evacuate after we arrived. With people she's fine. I took her to the Vet today and she was a perfect angel. Of course, I had to wait outside with her so she wouldn't see any other dogs in the waiting room. They came out and got me when it was her turn.

Jill said...

Disco is just a big dog trapped in a little body. I'm so glad you have him. Pets bring us such joys, along with a few down moments, pretty much like our kids!

jack69 said...

Hahahahahahahaha Okay the last picture first! GREAT! I Peed!
I wish more folk would get rescue dogs. I never had a dog from the pound but all my dogs were given to me because either they did not fit the bill somewhere or they weren't wanted. All my boys dogs were throw-away's. No dog or pet can love you more than one that knows how to appreciate it. Good on you. Of course I remember Disco and the Grand.......

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandie - good old Disco - he knows where he wants to be ... clever beloved dog. What a fun post ... a character if there ever was one ... and that cartoon is absolutely great ... cheers Hilary

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Disco is so cute. I don't think dogs know their size so good he thinks he is 200! I love rescue dogs. Sure he thinks he is part of 4 others!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

He is so cute! Fun to see a post about him. Hope all is well with you. Our Skye is a bit of a loner.
Love,
Debby

Linda O'Connell said...

Ha ha I love the joke and Disco. We had a Rocky who had little dog syndrome. He challenged German Shepherds walking by. Our fur babies bring so much joy to our lives. My first dog would get mad when we left the house, and she would jump on the bed and mess up the bedspread...and hang her head when we came home. She knew.

TARYTERRE said...

so glad you and disco found each other.

Saimi said...

Disco is a lucky dog and he knows it. He shows it by being fiercely loyal to his family and protects them from everyone else. Can't blame a dog for that just got to respect it. Poor thing must have been severely abused and it warms my heart knowing he is in a wonderful loving family who loves him for who he is.

Love the iPhoto haha its perfect!

Have a great weekend!
Saimi

Small Kucing said...

WHat a lucky fella to have found you :)

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Starry Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogoratti said...

What a loving looking dog and I'm sure he is much loved. Greetings.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I'm trying to catch up a bit after our big trip...... I knew that Disco had been abused and have heard that sometimes their behavior is not the best... BUT--so glad that he was rescued and has a family who loves him unconditionally.

Hope you are doing fine.

Hugs,
Betsy

Starry Dawn said...

I really LOVE your QUOTE:
"Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it."
I LOVE "DISCO." I have always loved him since the very first time you posted about him. When I became your Blogger friend in the beginning, you posted a picture of your grandson -as a little boy- with his dog, Disco. From that moment on, I loved Disco, and all your posts. The contents of your blog are amazing. Your posts make me think about real things that I don't usually think of. I am a true animal lover & advocate. I love horses, cats, dogs, birds, wildlife, nature, and God's amazing world with its beautiful living species. I've been studying animal's behaviour for many years. I think it's natural in your dog, Disco to behave in that way, because he is a dog. They protect their territory, and its people, like a pack animal he is. Your family is Disco's pack, his family. Disco protects his territory, your house, and his pack, you and your family. It's very good, because he is a small guard dog. I really love your small guard dog, Disco. God may bless you all, my friend.