"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, December 18, 2006


Paint your world with bold color and passion.
~~From Daily Celebrations ~~


" "Releasing your artistic self gives rise to a life of pleasure and struggle--as you use art to create your own reality. Painters are philosophers, psychologists, mathematicians, chemists, scientists, and poets." ~ Lynn Leon Loscutoff

"My goal," she said, "(is to) expand my fellow artists to stretch, explore, expand, exploit, and experiment."

Loscutoff challenges the artist within, accomplished or aspiring, to experiment. Everyone has a natural gift of creativity that she called "spiritual DNA." She said, "Give it voice. The hearts desires we had as children want to express themselves. Accept and embrace your talent."

As executive director of The Copley Society of Boston, she faced a life-threatening illness and realized that life was a celebration of passionate colors.

"I came to terms with my own mortality," she said, then urged, "Try painting where the terrain is wild. You can make your studio wherever you are. Traveling and painting can create a breakthrough, as they have for me."

The supplies for her "Art to Go" strategy include a spray water bottle to keep paints moist, folding hat for the sun, light weight folding easel and chair, and plastic plates for throw away palettes.

"Think about all that makes up your personality, your psyche," she explained. "That is what you bring to your easel. All of who you are and who you hope to be. Could there be more? Your story is still being written." "

You have to understand Georgia. In Georgia there are trees everywhere. I love trees so don't get me wrong, but too many trees can be smothering. We've lived here 20 years and our house was smothered in trees. Escpecially our back yard - totally forested and unusable and on a deep incline. We didn't buy the lot for the yard it was for the house.

Anyway, I made a huge decision this past month. We needed a backyard. The house needed a back yard. I took on a big project - to make a back yard. We had lots of trees taken down and bushes in the front yard. I had three retaining walls put in. Removed some trees from the back and cut all the small ones down. It looks clearer and more breathable. Made a path to our creek with bit rock steps. Now we have bird feeders out there too. So my world that was once cut off where the house ended on the lot, has expanded to having backyards and forests - and what's good is it's all excessable. It looks huge now.

My canvas is ready to paint. I'm so excited. I'm broke, but excited.

Starting to color my canvas is one of my goals for this coming 2007 year and beyond.
Love, Chatty

No comments: