"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, July 02, 2007

French aphorist Georg Christoph Lichtenberg observed,

"It often takes more courage to change one's opinion that to stick to it."

Isn't that the truth? The bottom line?

Why is it that we refuse to OPEN our EYES to how we are - take a look at it - and then change?

Because it is hard and painful!

I think that ONLY a person with courage and guts can do that. I know it hits you in the guts when you see the ugly truth. I know that it takes your breathe away, but THEN AND ONLY THEN can you even BEGIN the process of changing.

I know all this because I do this continuously and have done this. It's not for sissies. It hurts, but later on the rewards are so great.

To stick to your opinions, when others tell you to take a good honest look, is cowardice. Sorry, but this is close to my heart.

Prayas's - another Blog member - wrote on his Blog - "These six words changed my life - EVERYONE DIES, BUT NOT EVERYONE LIVES. Hit the DELETE button for the past."

By Jove I think he's got it!

Love,
Chatty Crone

No comments: