"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Again from Chet Day . . . I cheated again . . .

"For today's meditation, we turn to D.T. Suzuki, the grand old man who almost single-handedly brought Zen to the West:

"I have been reading all day, confined to my room, and feel tired. I raise the screen and
face the broad daylight. I move the chair on the veranda and look at the blue mountains. I
draw a long breath, fill my lungs with fresh air and feel entirely refreshed. I make tea
and drink a cup or two of it. Who would say that I am not living in the light of eternity?"

You too are living in the light of eternity, and you're doing it right now, right at this very moment.

But you probably don't realize it since your life is most likely all crazy and frenetic and full of rushing thoughts and things to do and worries and hopes and dreams and fears and all the rest that keeps us separate from our heritage: true bliss in every moment.

Feel the shift of consciousness."

I am coming home tomorroe and I'm going to try to meditate all the way home!

God is there with us all the time, we must just stop and look and listen to find him.
Love,
Chatty

No comments: