"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, October 16, 2007


How determined of a person are you?

Did you see Blazing Saddles? Of course you did, didn't everybody.

Remember the scene where the sheriff (if I remember correctly) went out with his posse to catch someone. It was a big open field. He saw three toll booths. Now he didn't have the money for the toll. So he made everyone turn back to go get the money.

Now the area was huge and the 3 toll booths only covered a little area.

He never thought about going around the tool booths!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it". -Michael Jordan

Now I write this as much for me as I do for others.

I have some things I want to change in my own life. Big things. It's scary. No I'm afraid. I don't think I can do it. I don't know how. I'm lazy or comfortable where I am. I have obligations that keep me from doing some things I want to do. I don't want to hurt others. Any excuse will do at times for me not to do the thing I want or think I need to do. Hey, that's another excuse.

I have to think about all options and if one door closes believe, truly believe another will open.

Love,
Chatty


No comments: