"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You know Brad Paisleys song - Letter to Me? This is Blog to Me by Chatty Crone. To let myself know I'll survive today too - just doesn't have to be for teenagers (Lol). Guess you'd have to know the song . . .

I've written a book called 'Full Circle' and I'm in the process of editing it. It's a process that I didn't know much about - actually I realize now that I knew nothing about it.

I was standing in line at Weight Watchers to get weighed in one day and I started talking to the woman behind me - Pam - I've seen her before, we had never talked but this time we did. For some reason (?) I asked her what she did for a living. I can't remember why now I asked her that now, but guess what she was? She was an editor! Guess what I needed? An editor. I am a FIRM believer that what you need will come to you when you need it.

What if I didn't meet her - then I guess either I wasn't ready to have my book edited or I'd have to research for another editor. I met with her and discussed things and found out she is FANTASTIC. It's been more work than I figured. I thought she'd just edit the book herself and it would be done, but she edits it, I look at her editing, we talk, and then we edit it again. Five or six times until its just right.

I hadn't looked at this book for a long time, but it brings memories back to me - some good ones - some painful ones. Some of the book was true - some things were not. I realize now that I've set myself up to feel these things again - good and bad. But, isn't that life? Like peeling an onion - Shrek says. So I'm going thru yet another layer.

Bon Jovi says it so well - this is 'kind' what the book is about. My song for today ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk74a-BX5wE Where ever you are.

Ivy Baker once said, “The world is round and the place that may seem like the end may only be the beginning.”

This quote was the premise of my book. We all live a life that is going around in a circle. We start as a dot and then the circle/mark begins going up and around, sometimes our life is steady, and sometimes we have our downs. Another words, we are constantly moving into or out of something.

The one thing about downs is that if we hold on long enough our lives WILL start to move up again. Even if we feel that the pain or sadness that we're feeling at the time will last forever, nothing stays the same forever. So while we may feel like that at the time, it will get better. When one door closes another will open - eventually.

Then of course there are mini circles in that big circle. Like you when you do your schooling, that is one circle, marriage and family is another circle, jobs another, and so forth and they all are combined into the bigger circle that becomes the story of your life. Does anyone understand this concept or am I the only one?

I have a feeling that my circle is about to move - not sure what direction so I'm writing this as much for you as I am for me. Remember: Things will be okay even if they are not okay. Sometimes I just keep listening to the same song over and over just to get strength when I'm down. This is a good one. Each day is a new page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lFXy5bIiSA Unwritten

Unwritten - Today is a new day for all of us - feel the rain because no one can feel it for you - I like that.

Crazy,

Chatty

No comments: