"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Starry starry night - a song about the misunderstood Vincent van Gogh.



I love this song and in some very strange way I understand it. A troubled man, a troubled artist. You know, this is the truth, when you look at someone or you listen to someone or you read what someone has written - you never really know what that person went through to get to the path their on - where their words or thoughts orginated from.

Each of us has their own journey and path. Everyone is different. The one thing I think is the same - everyone has their troubles, sorrows and hard times. Everyone has had their joys.

Do you take the time to really know your friends? We all need friends and people who love us.

It was 70 degrees yesterday. As I looked out my deck I thought what a lucky woman I am. It was breathtaking. We have a hawk that visits us once in a while in the woods behind our house. He's awesome and regal. You can see out there he's the king when other birds fly around - even the squirrels stay away from him. I'm going to see if I can find a picture of him.

Today it's raining.

Love,
Chatty

No comments: