"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday Musings - trunk or treat~~~~



On Saturday we had our annual Trunk or Treat at church. There were about 50 cars - we decorate them and the kids get to go from car trunk to car trunk to get candy - Trunk or Treating. Plus they rented those big rubber (?) jumpers for the kids to jump free. They sell hamburger and hot dogs. There is a chili cook off. And of course we are known as the Pumpkin Church - so we have a big patch to sell and buy pumpkins.

So what did we do to my trunk? We made it into a BAT MOTEL (or bat mobile).



Actually it was really cute - got a lot of compliments and had a lot of pictures taken.


Now it was about 75 degrees and windy - perfect day. The daughter and Chatty.


Complete with some blood! We must have had almost 200 kids because I had 200 pieces of candy and it was almost all gone - I was getting a little worried.


Chatty, daughter, and the grandson. He was a werewolf - notice his fur shirt - his face mask was just to hot for him to keep on.


A little princess (daughter of a friend) isn't she beautiful?

Elmo and he was hot!

Clown sisters.

The pumpkin patch.



Posing for a picture.

GS has decided on this pumpkin. We finished carving and decorating the yard - I'll take a picture and put it on here on Wednesday.


Some thoughts for the day - hope one reaches out to you. Have a great day.

For one human being to love another: that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation.
- Rainer Maria Rilke

It's easier to go down a hill than up, but the view is much better at the top.
- Arnold Bennet

"What comes from the heart, goes to the heart." ~ Samuel Coleridge

♥´¨)¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*´¨)(¸.•´ (¸.•´♥


Love,
Sandie

24 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun thing to do. I like how your church does the trunk or treat. Your car was well decorated! Fun times Sandie!!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Your car looked so great! We love going to the trunk or treats :-) So much fun!

Granny Annie said...

I am certainly out of the current Halloween tradition loop. This is the first year ever hearing the term "trunk or treat". It looks like so much fun but I must say the title is very freaky.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

This was great girl! I just adored you take on the 'Batmobile'!!! Heeehehe! What fun memories you've helped create.

God bless ya and have the most incredible week sweetie!!!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! I have never actiually been to a trunk-ot-treat or seen one, so this is cool! Your trunk is very creative!! Did every one have a theme like this? Oh, some of those costumes would have been so hot! Hope none of the candy melted! You got a bunch of really good pictures!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think you need to keep your car that way, Sandie, and give your neighbors something to talk about. LOL! Looks like everyone had fun...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Patti said...

Great photos!!! And your trunk looks fabulous. What a great job you did decorating it.

Glad y'all had a good time!!

Hope you're off to a lovely week.

Love,
Patti

Sr. Ann Marie said...

What a great idea--family fun, fun for the kids, and very safe!

Together We Save said...

Oh wow - what a fun idea, I had never heard of it until today, I passed a local church and saw Trunk or Treat on the sign, I wondered what it was. Now I know!!

Debbie said...

Sounds fun, and I think the idea of a BAT MOBILE is so creative!!

I think kids just make everything fun!

Jane said...

I love the pictures and especially how you tricked out your car!

Jane

betty said...

you all did so great on decorating your car! love it!! very original I do think! why is your church known as the Pumpkin Church? Because of the trunk or treat? always fun to carve a pumpkin once the "guts" get removed, LOL :)

poor Elmo! I can imagine that was one hot costume!!

it looked like a lot of fun was held by all!

betyt

Nikki (Sarah) said...

looks like you guys had a ton of fun.....

Mimi said...

HI!!
What a great idea!!
I lover that!!Your car looked great and you did a great job decorating it!
loved it!
So fun for Darling GS
he looked cute in his costume, I understand HOT!!
hugs,
jamie

Pat MacKenzie said...

Our church does the Trunk or Treat thing too, only they're doing it on the 30th. And it'll be quite a bit colder than the lovely day you enjoyed. But the kids will enjoy it, as well as everyone else. We'll miss it because we'll still be in AZ but I'm sure there'll be pictures to see. It's nice to see a couple of pictures of you. You're beautiful.

Joyce said...

Can I come next year? Is it open to the public for a ticket price? Looks like so much fun.
Joyce

Linda O'Connell said...

Your bat mobile was adorable. You sure do have fun!
http://lindaoconnell.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Hi Sandie....Great post. Loved the photos. You look absolutely wonderful! What fun you all had. So happy for all of you.

Take care. Hey! Don't forget to stop by for the giveaway sign-up! Hugs, Susan

Sharon said...

Ooooo...I know where I'm going for candy!! Seriously, your trunk (make that your CAR'S trunk!) was absolutely boo-tiful! Looks like GS had a great time, too.

I liked the quote from Coleridge - it spoke to me, because I'm finding that even in the somewhat "impersonal" world of blogging - I am finding hearts that speak to mine, friends that mean so much!

GOD BLESS!

xoxo

(Sandie - Can you please give me a couple days to email you? I've had some other unseen stuff come up, and I've been a little busier than I thought - and I just know I'm going to write a LONG email!! Okey dokey? :)

My Grama's Soul said...

What a lovely Halloween party given by the Pumpkin Church....I love that.......

Also, I have a couple of those clown noses in case you ever need them (O:(O: Grandson and I will drive around town with them on and I'm not sure who crack up more people looking at us or me and him!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Xo

Jo

Lois Christensen said...

Very nice!!! Your car looked really scary! Seems like a great way to have fun!

Angela said...

That's cool Sandie! I love what you did to your trunk! I've never been to a truck or treat before. I'm sure you get lots of kids with it being hosted by a church. We might go to one that is near my sister's house this week. Now I know what we might expect to see.

Happy Halloween!
Angela

Unknown said...

hey that looks like my car on any given day! sounds like a great time! i love the little trick or trunkers i mean treaters!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Looks like a whole lotta fun! Loved your junk in the trunk!