"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Show and Tail or an update on Disco



CHATTY CRONE'S HALLOWEEN COSTUME!



Welcome to Tuesdays' Show & Tail! I hope everyone will join Angela this week to celebrate her one year milestone by posting a picture or two of your pets, wildlife or visit to the zoo and tell a little about them! Tuesdays' Show & Tail is about having fun, and giving us a chance to meet other pet owners in the blogging community. If you are visiting and would like to join in on the fun, please do so! Everyone is welcome. It is very easy to do. Check out Angela at West Virginia's Treasures.


Some of you know and some of you don't - I am highly allergic to animals - however my GS NEEDS a dog as a companion. We have tried twice - a pug and a beagle and it didn't work out - thank God for my friends. I thought I'd give it another try and we adopted Disco - we've told the GS we're a foster home. I am have way through six months - at Christmas if the miracle holds up and it WILL (thanks God) we are going to put a big red bow on him and bring him to the GS and tell him he's ours.

Sorry for the blurry picture but you can tell they are best buddies. How could I be allergic to this little Disco? He loves the GS so much and vice versa. They were meant to be together.



We were worried about them bonding - ha - jokes on me.



Every time one of us comes over to Disco he lays down and lets us pet his belly - I guess it is submission - I think he's trusting for being abused. You can tell he has been abused.



Not any more. He is getting more and more trusting. Less flinching every time someone comes towards him. Not so protective about his food !




They go to bed like this EVERY NIGHT - I think Disco thinks he's a person.



So do the world a favor - adopt a rescue animal. They are so grateful.

Okay now for some thoughts to go through the day with :

The fragrance always stays in the hand that GIVES the rose.
- Hadia Bejar

If I had my life to live over... I'd dare to make more mistakes next time.
- Nadine Stair

The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up somebody else.
- Mark Twain

Talk to you tomorrow and thanks for visiting, leaving a comment, and or being such a good friend.

Sandie

18 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

What a sweet post! Here's hoping the miracle continues....HUGS TO YOU, Sandie!

Jane said...

Great pictures! I especially love the nighty-nighty pic!

Jane

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Sandie this brings tears to my eyes! I love little Disco and I know God has brought him to you and GS!! Big Hugs to you! Miss you!

Linda

Angela said...

I can see the big red bow on him already! Andy sure will be surprised won't he!

I will have to say that those little dogs like that LOVE their bellies to be petted. They will make you do it all day if you will do it! lol

Disco is just too cute with Andy!

Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
Angela

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What a sweet little dog. We have a cat named Disco that we rescued when he was a kitten. We named him that because as a kitten he had these tufts of fur under his ears that reminded me of sideburns...which made me think of the 70s and voila, Disco!

Susan said...

Oh Sandie....darling photos. GS and Disco are a dynamite duo. I think I'd even buy a mask for my own face, if I needed to, so he could stick around. Susan

Velvet Over Steel said...

Awesome pictures! You can feel the love they have for each other! My boys each had pets growing up and are still hugh animals lovers & owners to this day. Pets are so good for all of us, but esp. healing and teaching to our children/grandchildren.

Great post & I love the quotes also! Thanks for sharing!!!!

Have a wonderful week!!

Hugs,
Coreen

Together We Save said...

Our sweet little Charlie is a rescue... just dropped at 4 weeks not abused. He is such a sweet dog. Almost human.

Patti said...

Both Disco and GS are adorable. I'm with you...it's gotta work out!!! They make a cute pair.

Love,
Patti

Debbie said...

He's adorable!!!

BTW, the dog is cute too.

Grin.

Linda O'Connell said...

Such a loving and sweet post. Best buds for sure!

Rose said...

very cute photos. love rescue dogs.

Ginny Hartzler said...

As usual, your quotes are wonderful!! My fave is the one about the frangrance of the rose. Well, a boy and his dog, your post tells the whole story!! They are best freinds now! I am allergic to cats and dogs. How are you doing? Having to take any allergy medicine?

Jules said...

Great pictures of the two buddies! Warms the heart and soul to see a rescue animal so loved and happy!!!

Annesphamily said...

I am so loving this pet. I hope you can hang on to him because I think he thinks he is in the family already! Great companion for a young boy, his dog. What a special treat. Thanks Sandie for being such a doll. You write beautifully. Anne

Mevely317 said...

This brought (happy) tears to my eyes, Sandie!
... Why, I was fixing to ask you about Disco just the other day!
Obviously, he feels love and safety in your home ....isn't it a miracle to witness his transformation?!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

So sweet! They look so happy together.

betty said...

Disco and GS look so content and happy together! I'm glad it is working out! Thank you God!! What a wonderful present he will be come Christmas time :)

betty