If you are interested in joining/answering the questions - please join Joyce -
'From This Side of the Pond.'
She has a group of friends - who copy the questions and then answers them!
It's lot of fun and we get to know each other a little better.
1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens?
I've never taken a selfie, but I've been hearing about them this year. I have no plans to take a selfie!!! lol I prefer to be BEHIND the camera lens for sure. But then again, I do need a new blog picture!!!
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind?
I haven't sent cards out for a few years now. I love that tradition, but it's expensive. We'd send cards out and get them in - then you'd throw them away! I year I did cut them out and make a collage. It turned out pretty, I figure I save a little money this way.
3. Do you trust easily?
No, I have to be honest - I don' trust easily. I try - but there is a little part of me - that has a hard time with the trust issues. It's hard for me to let go.
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent?
Vanilla! Oh for Decimeter. Well Cinnamon then. I like peppermint too. Can't make a decision - but I don't like pine because of allergies.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity?
I did more listening for sure. By choice and necessity. It seems that is true everywhere I go. Sometimes I do wish I would talk more - and people would want to listen. I think that there is no greater gift!
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : )
"So This Is Christmas" because I just saw the movie on television and it was in a great show. Christmas is not just supposed to be in December. And Christmas is a way of living not just Christmas.
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why?
Explorer - that is hard. I have studied them many many times and now a name escapes me. So let me think - Okay I am back and the biggest explorer that comes to mind is Christopher Columbus. I think it was wonderful to be able to be the discover of our country. It would be wonderful to follow it all the way through now. See the progress.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The last two weeks have been a BIG learning experience for me. My son and his family came home for a visit and I will say it did not go as I had hoped or what I had prayed for to happen. My family is very dysfunctional - and I am including myself in that mix. And nothing much changed.
However, there was a huge bright side to it - brought to me by my grandson and his loyalty to his grandma. Let me say his actions spoke volumes one particular night - yet he said not a word. My daughter was able to to calmly take a stand as well and got some things off her chest in a kind and loving way. Long story.
I can tell you this - God works in mysterious ways and on His timing for answers to prayers. A prayer that I had for 50 years was answered.
This week my grandson got sick - and is still sick. He'll probably miss all week of school. He has strep throat AND the flu. We all had the flu shot yet I heard it wasn't the strain of flu that came!
Fluids and Medicines - I'm trying to get him to eat something - to no avail.
Anyway this is what I have been doing and where I've been the last two weeks!!
SO YOU STAY WELL!
I think this was from Jack/Shipslog.