"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"Meaning makes a great many things endurable, perhaps everything." ~ Carl Gustav Jung

I don't know how you all feel about this, but I feel meaning is critical. I think meaning comes from the heart and soul of a person.

I'd rather have kind words, then all the gifts in the world lavished on me.

I'd rather have a phone and someone say I'm thinking of you, than a dozen roses.

I'd rather have a card that someone picked out that showed me that they knew me, than a gift. Actually my son is getting quite good at that.

I love to be looked in the eye when I talk to someone. To have them reflect back to me what I said to them. I guess that means I'd like to be heard.

Honor the meaning of things,
Chatty Crone

No comments: