"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, July 23, 2007

I guess I'm bad at using other peoples ideas sometimes although I ALWAYS give credit to the actual writer if I know it. There is just so much good information out there that you can use on your journey through life. I get it from so many places I just have to share the positive message of life. Through words, the Bible, beliefs, quotes, ideas, songs, poems, etc. I read these things and my mind just thinks about them until I put them down on paper.

So this is from Daily Celebrations ~~~ They always try to highlight one person who has changed the world with positiveness ~ usually on that persons birthday.

This one is from Gordon Parks. A talented black movie director, photographer, and writer. He youngest of 15 children! He left home following the death of his mother in 1928. His childhood was spent in poverty.

Now from all this past comes these words, "Enthusiasm is the electricity of life. How do you get it? You act enthusiastic until you make it a habit."


I think he knew the secret don't you?

"Everyone is worth something." He believed that and dedicated his life to challenging stereotypes while making a difference. In 1948, he became the first black staff photographer for Life magazine. "I use my camera to speak for people who are unable to speak for themselves."

"I had a great sense of curiosity and a great sense of wanting to achieve," he said.


Gets me to thinking. He was just one of fifteen children. His mom died when he was 15. He left home and was on his own. He grew up poor.

Now others have grown up the same way. But they don't end up the same why.

Some have grown up in great wealth and they end up exactly opposite.

What is the defining factor that made him successful? The sense of curiosity? The great sense of wanting to achieve? Are you born that way? Do you learn it along the way somewhere?

What do you think?
Love,
Chatty

No comments: