"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, August 25, 2008

I've had a little trouble with this particular Blog. I am not sure what I want to say exactly.

This morning I went with my niece and sister in law to pick up my nephew, who was in jail all this time, almost 6 months, I did not get him out, although I supported him the entire time. He had 5 hours to get from the jail to an in house rehabilitation center for 1 year and then ten years probation. I've got a lot to pray about. I wish him the best.

Then I finished my 'house' cleaning. It took me two weeks and I cleaned house. Which also gave me oodles to time to think, and I cleaned out my mind as well - at least I tried too. I cleaned so much I got sick from all the dust I stirred up and am on an antibiotic! I mean I cleaned like a mad woman. I'm probably thinking like one too!

My thoughts have been on love, security, growth, and freedom - (again).

"What is most characteristically human about us is the tension between the desire to be "free"--self-identifying and self-choosing--and to be "related" to love and be loved". -Paul Tillich

He is right, I believe, that tension does come to the surface between these two thoughts. So is it better to be free or to be loved? That's the question of the day for me. Can you truly be free and loved at the same time? And how can you do either unless you have time to figure things out?

And here Anne Morrow Lindbergh suggests that you can find yourself in the midst of life's activities:

"The problem is not entirely in finding the room of one's own, the time alone, difficult and necessary as that is. The problem is more how to still the soul in the midst of its activities".

The past couple of weeks have been sort of a struggle for me. A lot of changes. My schedule, others schedules. Activities changes. Did you know that people who can adapt to change live longer than people who can't adapt to change? I adapt to change, although not instantly. It takes a little bit of time, sometimes it involves some pain, but I always do come around - usually stronger.

Your joy comes from how you think, the choices that we make in life. -Joyce Meyer She says we are responsible for our own joy.

I do believe she is correct, which is what I have been saying all along here in this Blog. I think my problem is what if you have more than way way to go - more than one choice. What if the choice you have to make it hard? What if a choice that you need to make makes you happy, but it will hurt someone else.

"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."– Steve Jobs
Funny our sermon yesterday was on happiness - peace - and serenity. Things I happen to be looking for big time in my life right now. Our minister said:

1. Slow down - don't continue to live in the fast lane. (I do believe that wholeheartedly - if you can't slow down, how can you really see?)

2. Get over all grudges. (It's easy to forgive, harder to forget).

3, Accept ourselves, Jesus was the only perfect one. (Also easier said then done).

4. Choose to be positive. (Right on!)

5. We cannot find ourselves without losing ourselves. (He said as a Christian it means being in service to others and in losing yourself, you find yourself - now psychologically speaking that is true as well - you have to lose your self - your ego -to find yourself ).

6. We cannot be happy in this life unless we trust God. (Again true and psychologically speaking - we must let go and trust that we will find in life, what we truly need).

Just thinkin,

Chatty





No comments: