"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Friday, September 26, 2008

Fun Friday

If you don't learn to laugh - you will end up looking like this!

The young man who has not wept is a savage, and the old man who will not laugh is a fool.
(George Santayana)

"I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried faces.

"The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant.

It's an experimental procedure, very risky but it is the only hope. Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the brain yourselves."

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a great length of time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost?"

The doctor quickly responded, " $5 , 000 for a male brain, and $ 200 for a female brain."

The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding eye contact with the women, but some actually smirked. A man unable to control his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the male brain so much more?"

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group, "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to mark down the price of the female brains, because they've actually been used."

(Just having fun with the guys at their expense)

***********************

Carols for the Psychologically Challenged

* SCHIZOPHRENIA: -- Do You Hear What We Hear?
* AMNESIA -- I Don't Know If I'll Be Home for Christmas.
* NARCISSIST -- Hark the Herald Angels Sing-All About Me.
* MANIC -- Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets
and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees
and Fire Hydrants, and.
* MULTIPLE PERSONALITY DISORDER -- We Three Queens Disoriented Are.
* PARANOID --- Santa Claus Is Coming To Get Me.
* BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER -- Thoughts of Roasting on an
Open Fire.
* FULL PERSONALITY DISORDER -- You Better Watch Out! I'm Gonna
Cry; I'm Gonna Pout! -- Maybe I'll Tell You Why .
* OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER -- Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,
Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells.
* AGORAPHOBIA -- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, but Wouldn't
Leave My House.
* SENILE DEMENTIA -- Walking in a Winter Wonderland--Miles from
My House in My S lippers and Robe .
* OPPOSITIONAL DEFIANCE DISORDER -- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa
Claus-so I Burned Down the House.
* SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER -- Have Yourself a Merry Little
Christmas, While I Sit Here and Hyperventilate .
* ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER -- We Wish You.. . . Hey Look!!!
It's Snowing!!!

TGIF Chatty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what you mean? Do you want to be removed completely from the blog roll, Bloggers Over 50? Or do you just want to redo your blog then re-add the link to the blogroll?

Let me know.