"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday Thoughts on Body Language

DIXIE

Last night I heard the President talk. I am not a Bush hater nor am I exactly a Bush lover, but I do think we should take care of our president and support him (her) when they are in office.

Okay, last night, you can tell so much by body language, that's why it's good to see people face to face, especially when talking about something important.

Well, to me - just by looking at him - I felt his body there - his spirit gone. He has left the office already in my opinion. Not that I wouldn't do the same thing, you can't judge someone unless you walk in their moccasins, however, he said the words, but there was not spirit in his soul. Was I the only one to see that?

Now his words, very depressing. Ole Chatty fretted all night - I must admit. I will work it out internally, but we are in trouble people, and I don't know the answers. Here in Georgia we are in a severe draught and now we're in a severe gas shortage too. There is no gas around me anywhere. Then with his talk last night and all the woe in the paper - it's hard to stay positive.

But, and I know this from experience, you have to tie a knot and hang on. It will get better. We have to have a little faith people. We may come out of this together - better as a nation - and as neighbors. We we will become stronger. We will get smarter. And Dixie will survive - there are a lot of good things to say about Dixie and thought this was apropos:

FRIENDS vs SOUTHERN FRIENDS

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Always bring the food.

FRIENDS: Will say 'hello'.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Call your parents Mom and Dad.

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Cry with you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing, and just being together.

FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowd's back-ends that left you.

FRIENDS: Will knock on your door.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Walk right in and say,'I'm home!'

FRIENDS: Will visit you in the hospital when you're sick.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will cut your grass and clean your house then come spend the night with you in the hospital.

FRIENDS: Have you on speed dial.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Have your number memorized .

FRIENDS: Are for a while.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Are for life.

Southern Chatty

Now I'm also still thinking about things that 'color' your life - I had a violet (yes purple) strand of color put in the front of my natural blonde (teehee another 'color of life') hair. I've gotten so many compliments on it. Especially from the young adults. I went to Party City yesterday for Halloween supplies and yet another young girl commented on my hair. She said, "I've never seen anyone over 20 with purple in their hair. It looks great". Well, I'm not sure I'm going to leave it, but I am having fun with it. Now my Bible Study last night - not a word. Wonder what that means?

Are we supposed to wear purple when we get older or not?

No comments: