On Monday, we e-mailed jokes. On Tuesday we did not.
On Monday, we were fussing about praying in school. On Tuesday, we would have been hard-pressed to find a school where someone was not praying.
On Monday, our heroes were celebrities and athletes. On Tuesday, we relearned who real heroes are.
On Monday, there were people trying to separate us by race, sex, color, and creed. On Tuesday, we were all holding hands.
On Monday we were irritated that our rebate checks had not arrived. On Tuesday we gave money away gladly to people we had never met.
On Monday we were upset that we had to wait five minutes in a fast-food line. On Tuesday we stood in line for three to five hours to give blood for the dying.
On Monday we argued with our kids to clean up their rooms. On Tuesday we couldn’t get home fast enough to hug our kids.
On Monday we went to work as usual. On Tuesday we went to work, but some of us didn’t come home.
On Monday we had families. On Tuesday we had orphans, widows and widowers.
On Monday, September 10, life felt routine. On Tuesday, September 11, it did not.
What a difference a day makes. Amen."
So very true isn't it - our life might be more in perspective today . . .
BLOG GIVE AWAY - STARTING SEPTEMBER 25th!
So it's Monday the beginning of a new week. This Friday I will celebrate my 6th year blog anniversary. That is almost 2000 posts for me.
That's a long time! I thank my friend D who started me on this path. I've grown and I've changed. I've learned so many new things. The best gift of all are my followers. I've met so many great people - that I consider friends. I've cried and I've laughed. I've felt joy and I've mourned over loss.
I've made friends who don't give up on you. Friends who write back and forth with me. Friends who take time for me. Friends who I have prayed for and friends who have prayed for me. So many things I can't even remember them all - but I have a great - no fantastic group of friends. I've even met about ten of my blog friends or more. And I've talked to a few on the phone. Oh yes there is a great bunch of people here at Chatty Crone.
You have to be a follower to celebrate with me.
Leave one answer per comment - you can have up to three comments = three chances a day to win. I will pick daily at around 10 pm giving every one a chance to leave a comment.
How I will pick will be to number the comments from 1 to whatever. I'll have the numbers in a hat and have someone here to pick it out. I will also have someone check I numbered them correctly. And of course you can go back and check me out too.
I'll post who won the next morning and all you'll have to do is send me your address and I'll mail it to you after the 30th.
Oh and the comments on the 25th will be for the prize on the 25th, the comments on the 26th will be for the prize on the 26th, and so forth.
1. You get one chance if you are a follower and leave me one comment you would like the particular item on the specific date it is being offered. For example 0n the 24th - I am Chatty Crone and I would like the hot plate.
2. You get one chance if you are a follower and tell me what good thing you get from blogging. Leave a whole new comment.
3. You get a third chance if you are a follower and you mention my give away on your blog. Just leave another comment and tell me you did it. Okay to be honest I am trying to get to 300 followers - a personal goal for six years.
1. A brand new small white hot plate for your candle (or coffee). A couple small candles included.
September 25, 2011
2.Cute reddish pitcher - plastic. Lemonade to make included. September 26, 2011
3. A brand new file box to keep your cards organized from Hallmark. A couple of cards are included. September 27, 2011
4. A new Martha Stewart (from Macy's) Bed Pillow. September 28th, 2011
5. A brand new Vera Bradley bag. September 29, 2011.
6. And last but not least . . . on Friday September 30th - four glasses and a basket - new from Home Goods.
“Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it; there will be a fish.”