Come and join us at From This Side of the Pond Go to her site and join along. She always has some great questions.http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/
1. What's one thing you learned in September?
I learned the 7 parts of speech. Boy there seems like there is a lot more than 7. That is because each one part has parts under them. I know I talk a lot about this - I have to admit I am feeling much smarter now. I used to know them - but it was decades ago since I used them. I think they added some more in or I didn't go that far. It feels good to me though - satisfying. I think the grandson is feeling a bit that way too. More self confident.
2. Acorn squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, yellow squash, zucchini squash, or blech! hold the squash... what's your favorite squash? What's your favorite way to prepare your favorite squash?
The only one I will eat is zucchini. Sliced and fried in butter. Or zucchini boats where you take out the insides and fry them up with sausage - put the mixture back in. Bake and sprinkle with cheese at the end. None which is too good for you. I have a recipe for chocolate zucchini cake that's good too.
3. The older I get the_______________________________.
The more I realize time is precious. I have learned not sweat the small stuff and that everything is small. There is nothing more important then God and family. I am not in a hurry as much as I used to be. I walk slow and take the time to look at things.
4. What's your favorite television theme song ever?
5. What do you wish you'd spent more time doing five years ago?
I wish I was a better steward with our money! Wish I had taken our money out before the stock market crashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
6. What item do you most need (or want) to add to your wardrobe this fall?
I would like to add a couple of dressed - and that is what I need most. I usually wear jeans and a T-shirt or pants and a dressier shirt.
7. On October 2, 1950 the Peanuts cartoon was introduced to the world. What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?
I was born in 1953. I liked Peanuts, but to be honest they were a little boring. My favorite were The Flintstones.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I really have some very wonderful friends that I met from blogging and I love you guys.
PS GRANDSON's SCHOOL GOT 115 votes. So they will get a $100 to spend. THANK YOU!
What a museum did to attract people-The Rijksmuseum Holland had an idea: Let's bring the art to the people and then, hopefully, they will come to see more - at the museum. They took one Rembrandt painting from 1642 , Guards of the Night, brought to life the characters in it, placed them in a busy mall - and the rest you can see for yourself!