"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, October 23, 2017

More to do about nothing...............The Joker


THE JOKER

Did I tell you my grandson is also a joker - he thinks it is so funny to joke someone.
This was in the candy jar.
Why I have no idea.

Okay what else has he done?  At Christmas one year - he was very young - when we opened our gifts we found out that they were our to begin with.  It was so funny.  We were missing things - but it was one thing at a time and life was busy I guess we didn't think too much about it, but when we all opened the gifts they were our missing items!!!.  My gift was a stapler - stapler remover - glue stick and a couple other things from my desk.  That was so funny.  I knew they were gone, but they disappeared so slowly I didn't really think about it.

Once he took a rubber band and on the sink which sprayed water with a hose - he wrapped the hose to be permanently on.  I bet he thought it was going to be me - but it was his mother who turned on the water and boy did she get sprayed. She got soaked.

Outside on our wrought iron swing outside I have two pillows and on the little table there is an owl.  I'll come home and find the owl backwards.  I never see him do it - but I know he does it.

He is always changing things like that all around the house.  If we didn't know that fact about him - we would think a ghost lived here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just very little tiny things most people wouldn't notice.

I just saw this today - that red sticker on the water filter - where did he get the sticker and when did he put it on?



He he covert. I know where most everything belongs in the house. I will see something out of place and I know I didn't leave it that way - I think it's him - sometimes I think I'm crazy - remember the old movie Gaslight - when her hubs was trying to drive her nuts?  You really have to be on the ball here.

He sure does bring a lot of joy and laughter.

Last week around ten o'clock at night - during homecoming week the school had a different theme every day - a girl called him and wanted him to be Pongo from 101 Dalmatians.  Guess who just happen to have two pieces of black felt - got a pattern for Dalmatian dots - cut them out - and sewed them on?  ME - I was up to midnight - but I love doing that and Pongo was very appreciative.


This year at for Homecoming all his group of friends - 11 of them - went out to dinner and then stag to the dance.  The last two years he went with a girl and they felt funny with each other afterwards -
so they are all staying friends this year.
I think that was a great idea.



DISCO the dog....


Okay last but not least yes this is Disco - did you know you can stop at Starbucks and get something called a Puppachino?  It costs 60 cents.  They fill a cup halfway with whip cream.  Of course that is not good for him - but we only do it once a month.  He just loves to go for rides and get treats.  He knows the bank gives him a dog bone and he makes sure they see him.  Then if they get too close he will growl and try to bite the hand that feeds him.

Love, the dabbing grandma - I do dab - do you?  
His friends call me the dabbing grandma.


Proverbs 4:23



23 Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it.


31 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandy - what a fun kid ... with an imaginative brain ... fun to read - cheers Hilary

Ginny Hartzler said...

He is such a handsome young man now!! And I must say...I could never think of these things he does. He is very inventive and creative! So he makes life an adventure. Little surprises to brighten your life. And I would much rather have life that way instead of boring.

Granny Annie said...

Your grandson seems to know that laughter is the best medicine and he's giving you lots of medicine

Granny Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Buttercup said...

I love to go for rides and get treats, too. Disco and I must be related! Love the prom pictures and Pongo, too.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love people with personalities like your grandson has... JOKER is a good word... He's super!!!!! AND--he's so handsome....

Great idea for homecoming....

Disco is just a tad spoiled, isn't he?

Hugs,
Betsy

barbara woods said...

he is a cutie

LL Cool Joe said...

Haha your Grandson sounds like a lot of fun to have around, and well done for the hard work on that t-shirt. He seems very pleased with the results!

Jill said...

I love the movie, Gaslight! I'm glad you can laugh at all of his jokes. My son used to drive me crazy with his OCD. I always thought I was losing my mind! :)

Terri D said...


Your Andy is precious! How funny that he does those things - and you all know it is him! Great photos! Good kids. Disco is funny with his Starbucks. Didn't know they did that. Too cute!

TARYTERRE said...

at that age it's good the kids just remain friends so everybody can have a good time.

Paula said...

Aren't you glad "The Jokster" got 'em and now you don't have to replace them?

jack69 said...

Boy has that dude grown. He has filled out so well also. Yep I know you are proud of him. Great it can all be taken in stride, well except the water sprayer. LOL I like the long time planning best, taking a little along and having it for Christmas, great idea.! ;-)

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

It sounds like he keeps you on your toes. That is a good thing.

NanaDiana said...

Gotta love a kid like that. Our youngest son was a jokester, too, and we never knew what he would do and then leave for us to discover.

This was a fun post here, Sandie. It is nice to see a post from you again! xo Diana

betty said...

Always good to have a prankster that plays cute jokes like this to keep things interesting at your place! All good ones too! Great picture of he and his friends for homecoming. I agree, go stag and have a much better time, less drama that way I think.

betty

MadSnapper said...

He really has grown into a handsome young man, and I love the idea of going in a group.. Jake loves whip cream, or cool whip.. sounds like a fun time with him in the house.

Cheri said...

Well Andy keeps you all on your toes for sure. He has grown into a handsome young man. You are blessed.

Lady Jane said...

I remember pics of your grandson when he was little. Boy, time flys. He is so handsome and a hoot... love the homecoming pic. Laughs on the Disco pix. hugs, lj

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have a little grandson that is a joker too. Once after visiting I couldn't find the TV controller and sure enough when I called their house, he had hidden it under the chair. He comes by it honestly as my mom was like that too. Sometimes life just gets too serious and we need that joker in our lives. Your disco is one lucky dog. Some would know better than to bite the hand that feeds them though...Good thing he's a cutie and forgiven.

Lynn said...

Sounds like a fun household! And he has such a nice looking group of friends, that jokester.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like he is happy! I'm not sure if I could handle a jokester in the house. Didn't know that about Starbucks.

Nonnie said...

Haha! I love all those things. What a fun kid to have around, and I bet there was lots of laughing as you opened those Christmas gifts. I think that's not a bad idea. He's so cute as Pongo! Thanks for the tip about Starbucks. It's always been plain that Disco is one spoiled doggie. I think Annie would love that. I like the homecoming plan.

Saleslady371 said...

That cute grandson of yours has a million dollar personality...takes after his grandmother.

Andrea said...

Aw Sandy! What wonderful stories about your grandson. These are the things that will keep us warm when all we can muster up is a comfortable chair and our thoughts. Thank you for sharing! Autumn blessings~ Andrea XXX

likeschocolate said...

Sounds like there are no dull moments around with the prankster. How funny!

Lee said...

Oh, I love this post...it's such a happy, heartwarming post. Your grandson is a legend, Sandie! :)

Connie Arnold said...

Looks like you have a very imaginative and fun loving grandson! Keeps life interesting, I'm sure. Grandchildren are truly a blessing!

Starry Dawn said...

Hi Sandie! I love all your superb posts. I truly enjoy reading them all...
Your handsome grandson is the star of your wonderful "BLOG."
He looks like a very happy boy with an excellent sense of humour.
If he makes jokes, it means he is happy and clever. Don't you think so?...
I'm sure you are a happy grandmom too, Sandie.
You are so blessed, my dear friend.
I wish I could have my grandchildren closer to me, yet they are far away.
God's many everlasting blessings on your way and those you love.

mail4rosey said...

The sticker on the water filter looks like a Beats sticker (from headphones). :) I think it's fun that he's imaginative. You made him into a very cute Pongo. Happy Halloween!

Small Kucing said...

wow...i thought only my roses loves Starbucks :)