"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, April 12, 2018

April's Ramblings


 Good morning dear friends . . . time to wake up!!


First of all from last time - no one got the math problem right - including me.  I guessed 17,  There were two errors that could happen.  Mine was I didn't see it go from two root beers to one.  The other is multiplication comes before addition - so the answer was 15.  If you are interested -
Also last time - the Staying Alive song is a new way to do CPR without having to use the breathing part.  You do compression on the chest to the beat of the Bee Gees song Staying Alive - I didn't want y'all to miss that.
Personally I love puzzles and laughter and that is why I like to post - I have so much fun trying to find unusual things.
PUZZLE TIME
Yes there is a car in there.

FROM DISCO'S CORNER OF THE WORLD
He's staying spoiled - yes my daughter gets him a cup of water to drink out of when we watch television!



GRANDSON

GUESS WHO TURNED 17.  I started my blog when he was four.
He has kind of grown up here.
Which was kind of why I started  my blog.

 He just got back from his spring term at school - they went to a place in NC called Snowbirds - they did a service project and played hard.  All sorts of zip lines, shooting ranges, bungee jumping, and resting in his Eno. 

He is the third person from the left in a red Eno.
EASTER

By the way did you have a nice Easter?  Grandson was at his dad's so the three of us went to see the movie Paul - it was awesome .  He became one the greatest disciple's of Jesus - and never met Him.  The story of Luke was written into this movie - and he never met Jesus either.
Mind provoking.


We also saw God's Not Dead Three and I Can Only Imagine.

Have you ever heard of Movie Pass - the app?

You pay $9.95 a month and you can go a different movie - for free - once day - every day.  No limits.

CHATTY'S MIND RAMBLING


I was thinking about dancing - I love to dance and I am quite good at it.
In my mind anyway.  
We also went to see the movie I Can Only Imagine. 
The song writer is thinking about what he will do when he gets to Heaven - will I dance for you Jesus???...
I think about my body - not to good here on earth -I have had physical and congenital hip problems so I am not a great walker and I don't dance - but I think I will be a great dancer in Heaven.

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
                                                            Maya Angleou
JOKE
Anyone remember or get this?


INFORMATION




Love, Chatty

27 comments:

Knitty said...

Your grandson is 17?!! An exciting age for him but how can that be possible, right? Mine turned 8 last month and I try to never say no to him wanting to spend time here or wanting me to go somewhere with him. I know this won't always be the case so I'm building a foundation of memories for both of us.

I love your puzzles and riddles. I found the car. :) The surgery picture was good too. Ah, memories!



Anonymous said...

oh I love your posts so much,, and I love that you will dance in heaven and I will have perfect eyesight in heaven, in fact I do have perfect eyesight in my dreams so I just know I will!! I have a 17 yearold grandson too! Happy birthday to the handsome fella! I love disco,I would give him a drink in a cup too lol,, our last dog was the same size as disco but more hair, the crabbiest, meanest little guy, hated kids but loved us,, he was a loyal little pal,, if someone stopped me on the road to talk he always stood in front of me to protect me, he chased other dogs away from me,, he was to become my eyes, I miss him so,,

NanaDiana said...

It is always fun to see a post from you, Sandie! I love puzzles, too, including crossword puzzles and cryptograms. Found the car and remember the old cartoon. lol

Happy Birthday to your cute grandson. He has certainly grown up from when you started blogging. Not too many of us "old" bloggers left.

Hope you have a great week, Sandie. xo Diana

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandie - good to see you with your Spring sunshine news ... great to see your grandson having such a fun time and 'growing' 'growing' growing!!! Cheers Hilary

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I found the car quickly!! One of dogs use to drink out of our cups. Skye likes wine and I let her have one lick every once in awhile. 17! Wow he is growing up so fast. Glad you had that fun trip to go to. We did have a nice Easter. I will have to watch that movie. I want to see I Can Only Imagine too but I don't even know the song! I think we will try the movie pass when Mark retires. I agree with Maya Angleou but I would change it to we will forgive what people said and did but never forget how it made us feel. I love the joke.

MadSnapper said...

I did not know that about the falling pressure and the birds flying low. I love the picture of your grandson with disco in his lap just beautiful both of them. And I can't believe he's 17. And yes I do know what the pencils for and I'm really glad we don't do that anymore

Cheri said...

Didn’t take me a few minutes to find the car, kind of looks like my VW Bug. Your grandson has certainly grown up and looks like a fine young man that I am sure you are proud of. I get the pencil joke not sure too many kids now a days would...very cute. Oh so what if Disco is spoiled, he looks so cute drinking out of his cup...go for it.

LL Cool Joe said...

Yes I found the car too!

I remember your blog when your Grandson was just a kid, how time flies!

I certainly used a pencil to repair a tape. And did you know a bit like vinyl, cassettes are becoming popular again!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I always love your posts..... I'm one of the 'oldies' who have been with you since you started blogging about your grandson... Can't believe he is 17... Is he a Jr. or Sr. this year? Goodness Mercy.... He is such a handsome young man... Bet the girls are 'after' him!!!!!!!

I found the car. I was first looking for something bigger --but then it popped out at me....

Loved the Maya Angleou quote.... You, my dear, made me smile today!!!! Thanks.

Hugs,
Betsy

Lady Jane said...

wow your grandson has grown up. I think he was around 10 or 12 when I first started to read your blogs. I will try that car puzzle if there really is a car in there, lol... Hugs, lj

Terri D said...

Sandie, how old was Andy when we met Y'all? I seem to remember he was 11? Time goes so fast! I love that you are back on blogger!! I could not find the car but I do know why you need a pencil when you have a "sick" tape! Hahaha!

Susan said...

That was fun, Sandie. Both movies look really, really good, too. Thanks for sharing! Susan

Merlesworld said...

I found the car pretty quickly too.
I never knew about the birds, Angus the dog hides under the bed and digs holes in the floor if a thunderstorm is coming.
Merle.........

Paula said...

Great blog Sandie. I'm just taking the time this early morning to read all the stuff on your side bar.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I must be the only one that couldn't find that car! Now I'm going to have to go back and look again. Your grandson is growing up for sure ! Glad you all had a good Easter. We're to have a warm day here and I'm getting outside while we have it. Our temps will be cooler next week. I enjoyed all the info and smiles this morning ! Didn't know about the birds either. Weather lore is fascinating to me. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Friday !

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Yep! I finally found the car! Third time was a charm!

jack69 said...

It is so hard to believe the 'little guy' is now 17!!!!
I usually can find the needle in the haystack, but I looked left to right right to left up and down then backed up ans still don't see 'no car!' hahahaha.
Great visit. I hope things settle down here a little in the next few days. Hope you are well...
(I can't dance, tried square dancing in Cuba, but it didn't work. My sister /Shirl is the dancer, or used to be.

Love from NC
Sherry and jack.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I did not know that about birds. Learn something new! I did know the pencil joke..because I have done it so many times in my life! Have a blessed day! (I cannot believe how fast your grandson has grown up!)

Saimi said...

Love the puzzles, I'm such a puzzle girl. I did in fact find the car and it has nothing to do with the big snail shells that look like car wheels. The cute little 'bug' was hidden perfectly! I also didn't know that about birds. I'll have to pay more attention next time.
Your grandson is a handsome young man. Ok, so the pencil joke is perfect! of course thats's how we would rewind a cassette tape haha how funny and how things have changed. Sounds like you watched some good movies. I'll have to check them out, thanks for sharing them.
Have a good weekend!!!
Saimi

Granny Annie said...

Didn't find the car but did see Waldo. LOL

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I am terrible with puzzles so I didnt find the car lol. I do know why a pencil is needed to rewind the tape lol. I cant wait to see those movies. wow your grandson is so grown up

Nonnie said...

What a fabulous post! First thing, your grandson is so handsome. Happy birthday to him. Love the pic of him with Disco. We give our dogs a drink from a cup sometimes. They are so spoiled, aren't they? I found the car in the puzzle. We saw Paul and I Can Only Imagine also. Really good movies. Sandie, I took belly dancing years ago, but I don't think that is the kind I will do in heaven. Lol! And I'm old enough to get the pencil joke.

Lynn said...

I love that Maya Angelou quote - it's so true.

And Movie Pass must be trying to compete with Netflix.

Cranky and Difficult said...

I just discovered you blog and love it! (I found the car, it's a VW type bug) and totally remember using a pencil to (try to) fix cassette tapes! I'm following you now and look forward to many more great posts like this!

Small Kucing said...

Happy Birthday to the comely young man :)

Mine too just turned 10 two months ago. Same age as i started the blog

Small Kucing said...

am not reading others comment but still cannot fund the car:(

likeschocolate said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandson! Looks like you live just around the corner from me! I live in cumming!