"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

How to stay younger, longer - continued:


Rule number 2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. (keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches)

Rule number 3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

I get rule number three and it's a great one. It's rule number two that I have trouble with. Okay I'm a grouch - sometimes, but the man I live with - is a grumpy, did I say grumpy, old man! Do I get rid of him?

Chatty Crone

No comments: