"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve 2006

I have some very dear Jewish friends. In fact we celebrated with them last night - we combined celebrations. I just wonder what it would be like not to believe in Jesus. To not celebrate Christmas. In the wonderful USA there is Christmas everywhere. I think my neighborhood was more lit up this year than I can ever remember. The school calendar, the calendar we live by, the stores, the decorations, the commercials, the television shows, etc - all geared for Christmas. Now I'm thrilled, but I do wonder what it would be like to see all those things and be bombarded by all those things and yet not understand it or be a part of it. That would be so weird.

My friend said to me last night, you're more Jewish than you know. I suppose that's partly true. I'm a weird blend of everything I suppose, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I always have been.

He then said, "All I had to do was to think of Jesus as a teacher and not as the Savior and I'd be going to Synagogue with him," and I said, "We'll have to agree to disagree on that one."

I'll never give believing Jesus is the Savior, not for anyone or anything.

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone ..........................
Santa Chatty

No comments: