"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, December 07, 2006




Dance...Dance...Dance ...Dance as if no one is watching..and dance for yourself.........
I love quotes. I have a quote collection. I also love music and have a collection as well. Quotes kind of teach me things or put words to things I've already thought of. Music moves my soul. My inner being. I like the country genre especially with it's loves, heartbreaks, and stories. I just seem to relate well to them.

One quote I read today is:

The U.S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself.-Benjamin Franklin

I feel God is telling me over and over again to assume responsiblilty for myself, my own actions, and my own happiness. I hate to admit this, but there was a time when I depended on others for happiness and everything else. When they didn't make me happy, I got mad. Oh yes, I did.

It took me a long time and a lot of soul searching to realize that others can't make me happy. I can't make others happy although I tried that too.

People get twisted up in that dance. To grow up, which is my goal, to become whole, you have to let go of others, staighten you back upward to the sky, and try to stand alone. I gues what I'm saying is standing next to someone as a whole is better than leaning on someone and trying to be a part of them.






Doesn't it look like a load has been lifted off?

Love,
Chatty

No comments: