"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, February 03, 2007


"Trying To Sneak A Secret Life, Split in Two because the real one is not given the room to thrive is hard on one's vitality,"(Women Who Run With the Wolves - by Dr. Estes)

Creating a "whole" soul.
I'm practicing what I preach today - trying something new. I'm going to the World Congress Center to see psychic Sylvia Brown. She's on the Montel Williams show every week. I think she's pretty entertaining. I bought two tickets for my daughter and myself - it's both our birthday's later this month. I got them as birthday gifts to us.
I think I feel a little guilty because I don't know if I 'should' be doing things like this, but it's that dark shadow/wild side of me trying to come out to check things out. I ask myself if we have the responsibility to ourselves, to let that shadow side of us come out sometimes and to embrace it while still living our normal lives. Is that even possible?
Can you live in this world without at least addressing that side of yourself? I think for me personally I'd dry up if I didn't at least address that side of myself. I think it's the people who dance or run away from that side in themselves, that live out of control with obsessions and addiction problems.

As Dr. Ester's explains in her book. A dying man was trying to teach one last life lesson. He explained that if you're held up by just one stick, that stick breaks easily, but when you have two sticks together holding you up, the sticks gather strength, and they don't break - they hold you up and work together as one strong unit/person.
Chatty's going out to chose to grow today.
Try something new for yourself and if you want, let me know what you and your shadow did today.


Love,
Chatty


No comments: