"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, February 19, 2007


"You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one; each day brings a miracle of it own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle." ~ Paulo Coelho


I have trouble at times with this. Sometimes I ask myself what is all this for - the struggling - the troubles - will it get any easier?. One thing I've done for about ten years or more is keep a grateful journal. Oprah had a series on finding your spirit years ago - which I think was the greatest series she had - and she suggested a grateful journal.


I have made myself write five things a day that I am grateful for ever since. Sometimes it's hard when I've had a rough day, but most of the time, it's been an easy thing. I think this is a good way to begin talking positive to yourself and a good way to take care of yourself.


It can be as simple as waking up in the morning, healthy, with a brand new day to start. They say when you wake up in the morning to clap your hands and say good morning world.


Pay attention to the miracles around you and you will find them.

Love,
Chatty

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Simply: BEAUTIFUL!!