"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Attitude, by Charles Swindell

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than success, than what other people think or say or do.

It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill.

It will make or break an organization, a school, a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day.

We cannot change our past.

We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way.

We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play the string we have.

And that is our attitude.

I am convinced that life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it.

And so it is with you."

And so it is with us - including myself. I think we have to work on being positive constantly and why is it that it is so easy to be negative and so much harder to be positive? I think the people we are surrounded with play a big part. There is a lot to overcome to be a positive, happy person, but I know it can be done and I know it is worth it.

Be happy, let go, and love,
Chatty

No comments: