"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

God and life are so incredibly amazing to me. I don't understand it all and how it works I admit. I was getting this passage or thought ready last night. This morning I received an email from a friend who has a sick friend and seems to be dying with many horrible things, piece by piece. But her story was incredibly amazing. She too is a hero. She's basically accepted her fate, limited her doctors, and decided to enjoy her time left. I found that so brave.

And this was my thought for the day:

"Turn yourself around like a piece of clay and say to the Lord: I am clay, and you Lord, the potter. Make of me what you will." -St. John of Avila

How many of us have the faith and trust to do that? My friend's friend did just that. To just turn ourselves over and give the control of our lives to someone else? Even when it comes to life and death.

It's scary to give up control, at least it is for me sometimes. It's definitely an area to work on.

God bless this hero and take care of her...
Chatty

No comments: