"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, April 19, 2007


We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do. -Mother Teresa


Sometimes I think life is so full of coincidences, but then when I start to think - it's really not a coincidence - things, thoughts, people - come to you as kind of a sign, if you will, a validation sometimes.
My grandson can tent to be grumpy because of his sensory issues. I don't think he wants to be, it's just for example, getting up in the morning, he's in an all dark room, then there's the noise of the alarm, the light, the 'hurried-ness' of getting ready (on our time not his), the expectations and so forth - all he wants to do is slowly unwrap himself and stay in a dimmer light and move slower. But alas, tis not life. So he tends to get a little grumpy (we all do to some extent - he just feels the senses more). Now my husband can't take any stress whatsoever. My daughter gets up late and then rushes like a mad woman. Put those three together and needless to say we have some very interesting mornings.

Well, as we got downstairs and things started to chill out - my husband was trying to turn my grandson around! Know how? By a smile. My grandson tried everything he knew to do to keep from smiling, but he couldn't stop himself. Then they whispered something (I was making his lunch for school) and when I came over they smiled like Cheshire Cats. So I grinned back. Grandpa said, I told you she'd smile. Then everyone laughed. It was a great way to start the day. Changed everybody.
I told my grandson that you can never give a smile away because you get one right back.
Came up to my computer and saw this quote 'confirming' the truth.


Smiling Chatty

No comments: