"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, June 04, 2007

Today's writing is about love between animals and their owners.

We had a little pug named Andy. He was my daughter's dog. After her divorce she came home with her son so we could help out.

Well, I started getting dermatitis. Basically it started because I was allergic to this sweet little guy. It stayed forever and was really getting bad. So we gave him to some great friends, who loved him and took care of him to the hilt.

He is dying today. Pancreas troubles. They actually have him in a pet hospital and it has visiting hours.

They are trying to give him a platelet transfusion as a last ditch miracle.

So my daughter is so sad and my grandson. We use to babysit him when his new owners went away.

I feel sad too. He was the sweetest little dog I ever knew. He was interested in everything and ready to go at a seconds notice. He was loyal. He thought he was a huge dog as he wasn't afraid of anything - not even dogs that were giant next to him.

I feel guilty for my friends having to spent that much money on him, the pain of losing him to both them and my dear daughter. I feel bad we couldn't keep him. Yet he is in a lot of pain.

It might be time for him to be let go. It's hard.

So here's to remembering our beloved pets.

Love,
Chatty

No comments: