"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, July 09, 2007

Is freedom is born in acts of courage?

Think about that for a minute.

How does an act of courage give us freedom?

This is kind of a deep thought for me. I can understand it when I think of the Rosa Parks story I just wrote about.

I think it takes courage to have children, but do kids give you freedom?

Yet there are people in abusive relationships and when they they are free (usually). I just saw a case of that on Oprah the other day. Amazing what and how long this woman was abused.

I think for me - I am a person that has a hard time to saying No to people. Therefore at times I can feel so suffocated and overwhelmed. So courage for me is just saying NO to others. Then I have to learn to deal with the guilt and the anger from whom I have said no to, and move on.

To me it is freedom to say no. I do say no more now than I ever did. Dealing with the guilt too, but again, it's not easy.

Do you understand that at all?
Anybody understand this at all?
Just wondering.
Chatty

No comments: