"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, September 18, 2007


If you observe a really happy man you will find him building a boat, writing a symphony, educating his son, growing double dahlias in his garden. He will not be searching for happiness as if it were a collar button that has rolled under the radiator. -W. Beran Wolfe

Fall, my favorite Season is right around the corner. A time for sharing a reflection what fall means to me. I hope you plan on enjoying the unwrapping of your very own New Fall Season.

Now for some people, spring is the time they consider to be the best season of their life . . . for others Summer is the best time for the fun times it brings . . . but for me Fall, because of the richness of life itself and the crisp new awakening of each dawn is my favorite time of year.

There will be trips to the North Georgia Mountains, apple picking orchards, bar-be-ques, and fairs . . . I can close my eyes at any time, spring or summer and fully envision the crisp fall morning air, I can feel its cool breath across my cheeks, feel the crunchy layers of leaves snapping under my feet as I walk through a beautiful wooded area or by a bubbling mountain creek . . . I can hear little birds chirping with a song as clear as true mountain air and squirrels scampering for the last harvest to bury for the Winter ahead. . .

As I watch the leaves on the trees change color, some falling to the ground signally that their own journey is complete, and others changing the layers of their colored suits with each new glistening ray of sunlight . . . how different from us and our own journeys or are they . . . when I look at my own Fall of Life. . . yep, I have changed my colors - hey, that grey is at times dark brown or light brown . . . but the grey itself signifies a 'Fall Journey' of much enjoyment and adventure lived over a life time, and yes the 'Fall Journey' also signifies the times of sadness and heartbreak along the way as well. Fall a time for reflection . . .

Some things have fallen by the wayside for there time had come . . . seasons come, seasons go, some people come into our life for seasons, some for brief moments, some to share the journey of a lifetime . . .and situations change in our journeys too . . . making our literal life journey a changing seasonal trip.

The way I see it through my maybe somewhat crazy Chatty eyes . . . and through Chatty's own journey of life . . . the 'Falls of My Life' have been the most significant, soul searching, deeply gratifying times . . . and for me it doesn't have to be late September or early October to be a Fall of My Life

. . . but as I go through my journey, I honestly try to 'take the time to smell the roses' as the infamous quote tells us . . . I truly try to the best of my ability (and, yep, sometimes I fail greatly . . . but at least I try) I try to always be aware of what I'm seeing along my journey, not just looking and passing on by . . .but truly seeing . . . and oh my, what magnificent beauty I'm then allowed to savor along my way . . .

God in His infinite Love and Wisdom, always brings those little chirping birds, those wild brown rabbits, those scampering little squirrels, leaves changing right before my eyes with a depth of color that simply makes me speechless (OK, for some of you, no laughter here....yes, Chatty, can be speechless!) . . .

and as I explore the Falls of my journey, and take the time to see each person I encounter, whether a friend, stranger, homeless man sleeping under the bench, sick lady needing her hand held, teenager so angry they don't know which way to turn, sad eyes in an elevator that you can feel the hurt in them . . .

or my own personal fifteen minute pity parties, which by the way if you keep your own pity party to 15 minutes it really works and then you can share the burden of someone else . . . and help them find their fall beauty . . .

As for this lady, Chatty Crone, with a spirit that will never grow old, for that little girl Chatty will forever be only a heartbeat away . . . I consider each season of my life to envelop the spring times (new blossoms, fresh birth) to wrap around the summers (more carefree fun times) and then with all my being I savor the fall seasons - literally on the calendar and within my heart

. . . and it is my hope that for each and every one of you out there, that you can truly find your own personal fall season . . .

. . . let the crisp new air become a fresh breath of life, caressing your cheeks and opening your hearts, allow the soft songs of the birds and scampering of the little squirrels to bring a smile to your face, and as you walk along that wooded path or by that bubbling brook, close your eyes and feel the crunching under your feet

. . . feel life itself . . . your life, right there, right now . . . embrace your "Seasons"

Happy fall to ya'll (teehee) - more on this following - a time to mourn and a time to dance.

Love,
Chatty

No comments: