"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, November 10, 2007



I have been making myself meditate up to four times a week. I want to go for five. I have the HARDEST time ever to slow my mind down! It goes crazy. However I'm reaping some benefits of meditating. I'm slowing down and thinking first - before I react to others. It's GREAT. By delaying my reaction, others jump in with theirs and my life turns out much more peaceful!

Thought for the day - Have you ever heard of Horse Whisperers? Well, what I'm advocating is People Whisperers - preferable where you whisper to yourself - positive words only!

Talk to Yourself and Build Health
By Patrick Ryan and Chet Day

"Even though there are twenty-four hours in a day, I don't believe that all time is created equal. I am convinced that what happens to us during both the first and last ten minutes of each day is inordinately important. (This is my thought - you should wake up being grateful and go to bed being grateful for what you have - prayer).

When you wake up ask yourself these questions:

What do I have to be thankful for?

What do I have to look forward to today?
What can I do today to move me closer to my goals?

If you wake up in the morning and ask a question like "Oh another day: why me" the super-computer will spend the rest of the day validating that question.

But the opposite is also possible. If you ask questions like, "What do I have to look forward to today?" the super- computer will make every attempt to validate that question.

So the choice is really yours: you can either program your super-computer with garbage, or program it with empowering thoughts and questions.

Example - "Good morning, good-looking. This is going to be a fabulous day, and I'm going to make the most of it. I am really looking forward to working on that project today. I'll be unbeatable."

Hence - self talk - self whisperer - tell yourself it will be okay.
Love, Chatty

No comments: