"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, January 05, 2008


"How To Be A Kindred Spirit "

"Be the Sugar, not the substitute.

Be the cat in the hat, not the black cat.

Be the harbor, not the hidden rocks.

Be the teleprompter, not the heckler.

Be the Lullaby, not the alarm.

Be the green light, not the gridlock.

Be the envelope, not the postage due.

Be the saddle, not the burr.

Be the coupons, not the hidden charges.

Be a Smile, not a Fault line.

Be the faucet, not the drain.

Be the hug, not the Blue tooth ear bug.

Be the Harmony not the false note.

Be the umbrella, not the rain.

Be yes, instead of maybe.

Be We Instead of me."
I read this in a newspaper called Skirt Magazine in December 2007. I believe it is only put out in Atlanta. I liked it. It describes a good friend a very good, special friend. One who is sweet, one who means safety, someone that holds you up, helps you feel peaceful, encourages you to go on, holds you up and in, free, happy, giving not taking, someone who is there and at the same place you are, they protects you from the 'elements', and is definitely committed to you.
I like this - do you? It doesn't just mean kindred spirit - it means a positive spirit as well. They say in every one's life that they have many friends and many types of friends, but if you're lucky you might have 2 to 3 level one friends. These are level one friends. The heavy guns.

And this is no surprise, if you are to have one, you MUST also be one. If will NOT work otherwise. This is a commitment of sorts. When one is up and the other is down then you change places and when neither is down or up - you're still there - just enjoying the ride.

Commitment - a turn off for some. A joy for others.

As it hard for you to believe that such relationships exist?

Not for me. Because I have some relationships like this and they are such a blessing and I thank God for them. I don't think I could have survived or would service without them.

They hold me up in my world and I hope when them need someone I've held them up.

I am thankful everyday for them.

Love,
Chatty





2 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

This was a great article. Someone once said that you should always stop and ask yourself how you feel after a person leaves your presence and that was a good test for whether to continue the relationship....something to think about. I have no doubt that you have many friends my dear as you always are trying to encouraging........;)

Anonymous said...

Changes In The Wind - you are my Kindred Spirit.