"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Wednesday, March 05, 2008


A Discombobulated Day for Chatty -

No matter what I do or where I go - I keep running into the same central theme - learn to be strong, love now, live now - stop wasting time - life is short. So I'm asking myself - am I learning what I need to be learning right now? Are these messages trying to teach me something I'm not doing or are they a confirmation that I'm on the right tract?

Wednesday is music day and I'm listening to music this morning before I head out for the day.

Keith wins Grammy award for best male country performance for Stupid Boy. Now I love Keith, and I even think he would say this, because he's a man in touch, he didn't handle his feelings in a positive constructive way, drugs are never a good answer - he was a stupid boy - but, I think he's smarter now.

In the song the woman he is talking about - learned strength - she woke up. And finally, although it was too late for their relationship, the writer (?) woke up and saw his own weakness, which will eventually become his strength (because you can't become strong unless you become weak first). Do I have you confused yet?

I went out to dinner last night with a friend. The last thing we talked about last night was a story about a tree . . . an analogy . . . about roots!

So here's the analogy:

Imagine a beautiful tree - full of beautiful leaves. When you're around negativity, dysfunction, unhappiness, and stress - consistently - the leaves of that poor tree start to whither and they fall off one by one. Next the limbs shrivel up and fall off. Lastly the root of that tree dies and therefore the tree dies too. The tree, the roots have to be fed something or it dies.

Lesson:

Feed your roots with the happiness, positivity, joy, and laughter. Shed the necessary tears to rid yourself of the pain, try to de-stress your life, meditate, pray, and grow. Simple?

If you want to change, change - I mean it's just a choice - right? Sounds easy, but it's the hardest thing in the world to do.

Yours with the greatest of passion,


Chatty




No comments: