"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, March 18, 2008


I am room 'grandma' for my grandson. It's teacher appreciation week. One day is flowers, then food, gifts, notes/drawings, and ends with pictures! I'm going to make a memory book for his teacher.

I spent more time in the classroom then normal today and my heart went out to one child in particular. I'd noticed her before, but not to the extend I did today. She carried such sadness around with her - I could feel a black cloud hovering over her - her eyes looked full of pain and sadness. She looked like she didn't want to be seen. Almost empty. She had no flowers for the teacher (I brought extra), no gift, no note written or picture drawn, her shoulders were bent forward, she looked so incredibly sad. I wanted to take her home with me! Somehow I knew what she is feeling. I could feel it with her. She was different. I know about being different.

I also know that she's a very smart gal and that will carry her far, but I know she's hurting inside now and I don't know how to help her. I wanted to take her in my arms and hug her, tell her I loved her, and that things would or could be alright someday. Of course I couldn't do that, but I can pray for her.

I pray that somehow over time that she'll learn how to lighten up and have fun. That she finds out she that she is beautiful and that she will be okay. (I might even ask the teacher about her and mention my concerns.) I pray her courage for the tasks she has in store for her in her future. I hope she sees that there is something more important to strive for that is stronger than fear, if she does, it will help her go through the fear to the other side.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." Ambrose Redmoon

Prayer is another powerful survival technique as well as helping others.

Chatty

No comments: