"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Roots Continued . . .

My daughter and I went to a movie called Fool's Gold on Sunday. It was cute - no Oscar, but cute. Now do you think I can take this action comedy and relate it to roots? I can.

I'll talk about one scene (it has nothing to do with the plot of the movie) it was the scene with a blow hole in it - the heroine was thrown into a blow hole and left to die. Every 15 seconds the blow hole would shoot water way up high into the air. The bad guys knew that no one could survive that pressure and they left her to die.

What they didn't take into consideration was, while they didn't have a clue how to survive, a person with roots and knowledge and strength would. And she did. She knew how to survive in the blow hole. How? By the knowledge she had learned from the past. She had done her homework during her life and she was able to 'hold on' through this extreme crisis and come out better and stronger for it. She didn't panic, she just handled it. Okay - it's just a movie - but you get my point?

It's uncanny, but when I'm thinking about something - articles, letters, phone calls, songs, poems, phone calls, emails - some 'thing or things' will come from some source to me. It will contain information that deals clearly with the same exactly idea I'm thinking about or dealing with myself. It happens to me constantly.

I wonder about that sometimes. It's kind of wild. I do wonder why that happens and if it happens to others. Maybe I receive them because I'm looking or working so hard and the world sees it and confirms it - I'm not sure. I'd like to think it's the universe confirming my thoughts.

I do think that's the key to life. Even if it's something small - look what's happening around you. Look for positive ideas - they are everywhere. I figure you might as well expound your energy looking for the positive rather than the negative because you will find what you seek. It's a choice you see.

One evening a Cherokee elder told his grandson about the battle that goes on inside people. He said, " My son, the battle is between the two 'wolves' that live inside us all.One is Unhappiness. It is fear, worry, anger, jealousy, sorrow, self-pity, resentment, and inferiority.The other is Happiness. It is joy, love, hope, serenity, kindness, generosity, truth, and compassion."The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?"The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."Here is a challenge for all of us, take the next day and watch your thoughts, make a conscience effort to see which wolf you 'feed' every day. Then make the CHOICE to feed Happiness.Life is short, live it to the fullest. and choose to be happy, because after all, it is just a choice. Make it a great day.


Do I do this all the time? NO, but I wish I did. I'm still a work in progress and I mean a work! I just think in the end you'll be happier. Your health will be better. People will like to be around you. It would be a much better life to think 'automatically' happy than 'automatically 'negative'. And if a crisis like a blow hole comes up - you'll be able to hold on - and blow holes do happen in life.

Well, I feel like I'm preaching a bit and in a way I am - To myself! I'm still a chick in change.

Changing Chatty - hopefully becoming a better and more positive person herself . . . one step at a time.

PS This quote 'came' to me from a friend and it makes me think about to those hard workers we had on Saturday. "No work is insignificant. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence."– Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: