"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My best friend just send me this quote - today: "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly."– Richard Bach (Some souls are definitely connected.)

My dear sweet daughter reads my Blog. She sent me an email the other day saying, "Mom that was a beautiful tree on your Blog" (March 5). I asked her what she thought of the story behind it. Well, either she didn't 'read' my Blog entirely or she didn't 'get the meaning' of my story. . .

The meaning being if you were surrounded by unhappiness, negativity, contempt, abuse most of your life, you could lose your blooms and whither away. This would be a crossroad. It would then become one's choice to open their eyes, see the truth, and then decide to confront what they needed to do to make their life better OR avoid doing anything OR you can always accept life as it is. That's what separates the men from the boys - the women from the girls.

Do you remember the movie Pollyanna? She played the glad game. I'm silly I know, but I play that too. My positive from my daughter not understanding my Blog was that it means she's still in full bloom - she doesn't know what it means or what it feels like to lose all her leaves and have to start over from scratch on her own - I'm thrilled - that must mean I did my job well (Lol).

However, if you have lost your leaves, you can be your own best advocate. Love yourself. Take care of yourself. Stand up for yourself. Be your own best friend. Do what ever it is that will make yourself better and for Heaven's sake don't get bitter!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts for the day:

"What is harder than rock, or softer than water? Yet soft water hollows out hard rock. Persevere." – Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong (Never give up).

"If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living. Growth demands a temporary surrender of security." – Gail Sheehy (Growing is scary).
Love,
Chatty

No comments: