"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Today's words to think about are from a Zen master named Thich Nhat Hanh. Again, I am NOT a Buddhist, but I do believe you can take certain ideas from other areas and learn from them -take the good, leave the bad. Improve you life and your health.
"The real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth."
(Be grounded and in the moment.)

I think you have to have the mindset of what walking on earth means first, in your own life. Then you start your voyage and meet people on the way. It's so incredibly interesting to me.

I've met some people who knows exactly what this means. We have become tight friends and have been friends for years. You can count on them, they are always there for you and vice-versa.

I'm finding out rather painfully, that not everyone choses to walk on earth and be real. Some want too, but don't know how to get there. Some just don't want to. Some say yes, but their actions say no.

I ponder at times why some people go towards a more earthy real existence and some people just stay in the unreality zone. What is the key? Is it in the basic personality or is it because of life experiences that make us who we are? I guess a little of both.
Love,
Chatty

No comments: