"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Thursday, April 17, 2008

I think God speaks in mysterious ways - sometimes through friends, through quotes, movies, books, poems, a phone call, an email - anything that might send an answer to help you and that gives you the encouragement to go forward.

One way we can get through tough times is to have a list of things we want to do when we get down.

There’s a movie out now called The Bucket List with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman – here’s a synopsis -

“Corporate billionaire Edward Cole and working class mechanic Carter Chambers are worlds apart. At a crossroads in their lives, they share a hospital room and discover they have two things in common: a desire to spend the time they have left doing everything they ever wanted to do before they “kick the bucket” and an unrealized need to come to terms with who they are. Together they embark on the road trip of a lifetime, becoming friends along the way and learning to live life to the fullest. Each adventure adds another check to their list, all done with insight and humor.” I won’t tell you the ending.

I do think we all should have a bucket list (what you want to do before you kick the bucket). I have one that I labeled the 100 things I want to do before I die list.

1. See my son practicing medicine in his setting.
2. Go to Tuscany
3. Ride a motorcycle
4. Go fly fishing
5. Go to a paint ball range and shoot at people!
and so forth .......
Now those are some of my really big dreams, but I have real little ones too.

Okay so some of them are silly, but it is my list. Make one for you yourself - what do you want to do before you die?

A song that was in the Bucket List was a good one -
The song out is called “Say What You Need to Say” by John Mayer and of course I can't figure out how to embed it in my Blog, but if you have the time, check it out. Ilove the message. I think they're saying (of course this show was about terminal illness), you need to tell people what you need to tell them - we're all terminal, we just don't 'know' when.

Anyway here it is and it's really good. In fact they used it on Dance With The Stars this week!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTpy_L1dALA&%20=email

I do have some great friends and they forward me quotes as well - here are a couple that I hope you'll enjoy and get empowered from.

"Had there been no difficulties and no thorns in the way, then man would have been in his primitive state and no progress made in civilization and mental culture."
Anandibai Joshee (sent to me by my angel friend) (No pain no gain)

Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Love the ones who don't just because you can. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Kiss slowly. Forgive quickly. God never said life would be easy. He just promised it would be worth it. (sent to me by another angel friend.)

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option...."

Love,
Chatty

No comments: