"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Something to think about:

"How Could it Happen You ask me, "Why did G-d allow it to happen?"

You recognize that everything in this world has purpose and meaning.

Examine any aspect of His vast Creation, from the cosmos to the workings of the atom and you'll
see there must be a plan.

And so you ask, where does this fit into the plan?

How could it?

I can only answer, painfully, G-d alone knows.

But what I cannot know, I need not know.

I need not know in order to fulfill that which my Creator has created me to do.

And that is, to change the world so this could never happen again."

This was sent into me by a friend, he's Jewish, but I really liked it and thought I'd share it. Notice how reverent they are about writing God's name. They don't write it out like we do.

Anyway I'm reading a book called Jane Ayers - I'm near the end and just read this today - God has given us one life - we must think about what we are going to do with it and not waste it.

http://www.greatdanepromilitary.com/Battle%20Hymn/index.htm

The Battle Hymn of the Republic - beautiful!



Love,
Chatty

No comments: