"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Mullings

Manifesting Reality or The Secret

By Personal Development for the Book Smart :
"Can you really do that or is that bunk? You decide. I'd love to have feedback if anyone has used this process and their results.

Step 1 - You Ask:

You are a radio transmitter, You send out a signal constantly - make sure the one your sending out is the right one in order to get the right results.

Set goal and dream.

Step 2 - The Universe Answers:

Step 3 - You Must Receive:

You must act like it has happened and be ready to receive.

This is the basis of 'The Secret'. I think there's something to it - just not sure how much. I think you to be committed to those things above.

"You are supposed to make a list - of all the things you want and all the things you do not want. Then you are supposed to throw away the 'things you do not want' list and concentrate only on the 'what you want' list.

See yourself already in possession of what you want. Dream. Plan. Visualize. Feel good about it.

Have you heard about gratitude rocks? Every time you reach into your pocket and touch the rock, you're reminded to give gratitude in that moment for all the abundance that's already in your life.

Meditation is a big part of this. See your desire as if it had already happened. See yourself doing what you dreamed of. Each step of the dream - no matter how small - see yourself doing it.

Live it in your mind. Add emotion. Do whatever it takes for you to enjoy the situation. And love those feelings.

Then forget about it.

If you keep asking where my stuff is - what message are you sending out to the universe?

Do you feel good or bad?

Make sure you don't make up your emotions they must be real.

You can't pretend you are happy when you are not.

Keep up visualization. Live it, breathe it, smell it, taste it.

Then forget it again for the day.

Go on with you business.

The next day - meditate - and go on.

Some day you will have your dream".

End of the Personal Development Blog.

***************************************************************

Okay, okay - kind of different thinking for some of us - I realize. He did ask for feedback. I think there's a lot right in what he says, but I have some thoughts on this too . . .

This "Secret" itself is tricky because you may believe you have done the pieces all 'correctly' and if it doesn't happen, you may think it or you failed. Or you might think you used the "Secret" correctly and the truth is you didn't do one little something right. It's much harder than just the summary above. If it wasn't - wouldn't we all be millionaires by now?

I do believe some people have achieved this "Secret" mentality throughout the ages and some in this current day. However, I believe it's extremely hard to do all the pieces correctly. I don't know if it can be done by 'just anyone'. I think there is a certain personality and mentality that must accompany this - plus hard work - plus . . . . . . you really have to 'get' it.

I do believe that we can gain some benefit from doing these things. I believe it helps you to look at life more positively and more freely. I believe in both joy and sadness - as long as most of the time you feel joy and not sadness (unhappiness). If not - that is a red flag that something is wrong! Get help. (You don't want to end up in life as a curmudgeon do you?)

I also believe you must go on with life, living it the best way you can, incorporating a time for dealing with the demons of your past and the ones in your present. Meaning that I don't think (for some of us - me included) (unless you don't have any ?) that there is a chance in the world to be truly happy - until you deal with and make friends with the demons of the past or present that have been or are in your life. True happiness is acceptance of life in the here and now. (And no, I have not gotten there yet - but I'm working on it.) I can tell you I am more happy now, than I have ever been - internally. I'm not talking about your kids, your house, that kind of thing. I'm talking about inward peace.

Now the gratitude part of this is excellent. I believe we become what we think we are. Being grateful makes you feel good. It makes a good relationship with God. It makes you think, gee I'm blessed or lucky to have these things. It makes you feel more positive about yourself. Then it follows, if you have a positive self image of yourself, it shows to the world. The next step is that the world will treat you more positively. Starting with just one small change, leads to another change, which leads to another and so on. Steps. I believe you can change your life and make it more positive in this way alone. A process . . .

Okay I already keep a grateful journal. I've been doing it for some ten to fifteen years now. That is one of the things that has made a huge difference in my life.

I went down and got one of my grandson's polished rocks - a pretty blue and white marbled one. Each and every time I feel it in my pocket I'm going to thank God for something. (Extra gratitude).

I'm going to commit to meditating - let's say 4 times a week. I'm always so busy (if something is important you need to schedule it in for yourself - make an appointment). Meditating helps me keep my head level when those around me don't. I know it works, but darn, I always put that off. Why is that? Have to think about that.

And lastly of course I dream. A lot. What are we without out dreams? Dreams are a piece of us. But even if they don't come true for us, like we want them too, we still need to be grateful.

It feels good to be grateful. It feels good to feel good.

Chatty (yakking too much!)

No comments: