"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thoughts for Sunday - Happy Fall Y'all


From one pumpkin to another!!!!!!!

A woman was asked by a coworker, 'What is it like to be a Christian?'
The coworker replied, 'It is like being a pumpkin.
God picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.
Then He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, and greed.
Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.'

You see growing and changing isn't that easy. It can be painful. I've found this to be true in the past, the present, and I'll probably find this to be true in the future as well . . .

It's funny though I have this quiet sense of faith and peace (after the initial shock if you will) - or faith or hope that it'll all work out in the end. I believe that.

Hope if you're going through some trials - you'll tie a know and hang on too.

Love,

Chatty
"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."– Rabbi Hillel

2 comments:

Changes in the wind said...

This a one of those gotcha truths...think my smile includes some funky teeth and maybe a little crooked and my light a little dim now and then but I am just thrilled to be out of the pumpkin patch:)

JeanMac said...

Words I needed to read right about now.