"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Hope


"Hope is not a dream, but a way of making dreams become reality."
(Cardinal Leon Joseph Suenens)

And now from my dear Jewish Friend - I thought this was hopeful too:
Know Your Strength:

From your challenges you may know your strengths.
You did not make yourself.
You did not choose your parents, nor did you design the environment that nurtured you.
The One who brought you to this world, who knew you before you were conceived and who fashioned you in the womb -- He knew intimately all the challenges you would meet, your faults, your struggles.
He was the one who designed they should be there.
And for each brick wall, He provided you a ladder.
For each chasm a bridge. For each mountain a deep reserve of superhuman strength to surprise even your own self.
When one of those challenges arises, you need only imagine what it must take to overcome -- and you can be confident that strength is within you.

And lastly - anyone read The Shack - wowowowowowowowow!

Love,
Chatty

2 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Loved this....

Y'know last night, rather than curse the darknes...I had candles lit, and nice dimmed, strategic lighting, making this ol' hollyhocked cottage look appealing in my eyes, and restful hopefully when hubs got home from work.
Wrong.......he had the bright, ceiling light, tv tray table with his supper in front of the tv.
We all have our own types of caves I guess. I blew out the candles, turned off all the small, dim lights. Sat down, and watched tv with him, not saying a word.
Now my thoughts........they were running rampant, and I saw flames shooting up, but on the outside, all was well. Why, do women do that, all the time? Is "peace" that really important...he hee, maybe it is. The other side would just be too, too scary for a man to deal with. Like living with a dragon, wait, wait, I'm getting a picture here.....

Chatty Crone said...

I've done the same exact thing. I think we do make our own kind of caves. I don't think it is just women either. Why we make the caves to protect ourselves from our loved ones - is my question.

I was just talking to my girlfriend about this very subject.

She wants her husband to change and take more 'notice' and be 'kinder' too. What we came down to was - the only person who can really change the situation - is us.

We can't change anyone else. So we can't change them. We either have to accept what life has to offer from them or not accept it. That's why we probably keep silent and burn inside. We know on some level it cannot be fixed.

However the burn inside hurts us more than anyone else.

We have somehow got to let things go - and truly be okay with that.

I'm sure our men think the same thing about us - so tell me - what happens to marriages a long the way?