"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Sunday, February 22, 2009

How You Live is what is important...




I received an email from my good friend and she told me a sad story about a young 30 year old wife and mother of 3 young boys all under 5 years of age - dying of stage 4 breast cancer. She was pregnant and they took her baby by 'C' section in late October because she was so sick. After she delivered him they learned of her cancer!

Now the woman was a great Christian and I know where she is - it's the family who is left behind that has the struggle - the learning - the bitterness - the pain - the grief - and finally the peace to go through. It's hard to be the ones left behind.

You may wonder like I do at times, what was God thinking. That I can't answer and have questioned my self. My girlfriend said they read a poem called:

He Maketh No Mistake

My Father's way may twist and turn
My heart may throb and ache,
But in my soul I'm glad I know,
He maketh no mistake.

My cherished plans may go astray,
My hopes may fade away.
But still I'll trust my Lord to lead,
For He doth know the way.

Tho night be dark and it may seem,
That day will never break,
I'll pin my faith, my all in Him,
He maketh no mistake.

There's so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight far too dim,
But come what may, I'll simply trust
And leave it all to Him.

For by and by the mist will lift,
And plain it all He'll make,
Through all the way, tho dark to me,
He made not one mistake.

---Author unknown

Isn't that beautiful?

Please know that I share this as a tribute and a prayer for this young family. I pray that out of this tragedy some good will come out of it. Maybe the lesson for us today is - to live, love, and appreciate the now. Be there for others when they need a friend. . . To learn like the song says - How You Live Is What Is Important. Live and enjoy life now.

I was talking to my grandson who just learned that Santa wasn't real, about God. I remember in the movie A Walk To Remember - a Nicholas Sparks book, how the girl said, "God was like the wind, you can't see it, but you know it's there."

I think there are other things you can't see, but you know they exist. What about love? Can you think of any other things that you can't see that are real too?

Love Chatty
Prayers to the family who lost their wife and mother.

2 comments:

^..^Corgidogmama said...

We can see love in action...we can see how people/animals/plants respond to love...We can see love on faces...We can see love in what we create, like decorated cakes, scrapbooks, photography, etc.
But love itself....no, we can't see that. Hmmmm....
God is like that too...we can see Him in someone's face, by their actions, He's more of a feeling that surrounds us, like love is a feeling that wraps us up.
This is very thought provoking...it keeps you thinking on and on....

Chatty Crone said...

Your right - love is an action you can see via others, but not by itself without actions.