"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Saturday, December 26, 2009

How To Have A Good Day - after Christmas



I am sure a lot of people had a wonderful Christmas - with families and friends. I was one. We should consider ourselves lucky and blessed. I do know though I have friends and blog friends who have had a very hard Christmas this year. And I want them to know I did send up a prayer to them yesterday especially.

My son and his wife came from Cincinnati, my niece, her husband and three children, and my sister in law and her husband. 13 - we haven't had 13 for Christmas in ages. Everyone cooked something and I think I had a real bonding experience with my DIL. My son for Christmas helped me make my book - a real book and ordered me a copy - it will be so cool to have it in my hands as a real book. My daughter made a delicious salad. And Andy had a great and calm time. We spent most the day day in Star War land - it is coming back to this household. My husband cooked two roast beefs and made mashed potatoes. So all went really well and I am thankful about that.

As the end years and the New Year is about to begin - a lot of people make resolutions and they want to start the year off right. To make resolutions you must know what is wrong so you can resolve to try to correct it.

Hopefully we want to have more good days then bad days and here are some ideas how to do that!

1. Talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet. (That means not to be toxic to your friends or yourself).
2. Look at the sunny side of everything. (Be positive.)
3. Think only of the best, work only for the best, and expect only the best. (Be positive.)
4. Be as enthusiastic about success of others as you are about your own. (Be positive.)
5. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. (Try to forget.)
6. Give everyone a smile. (Be happy).
7. Spend so much time improving yourself that you have no time left to criticize others. (Work on yourself).

Notice the action verb - not to be, be, and work. When you work on yourself, when you help others, and when you chose to be positive - life is better.

Any other ideas?

Haooy Birthday John Walsh (Wikipedia)

John Walsh (born December 26, 1945) is the host of the TV show America's Most Wanted. Walsh is known for his anti-crime activism, which he became involved with following the murder of his son, Adam, in 1981. Twenty-seven years later on December 16, 2008, the now deceased serial killer Ottis Toole was named as the killer of Walsh's son.

Love,
Chatty

Dance like no one is watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like it's heaven on earth.

12 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

I love this post!! and I have missed you and your wonderful posts. I am happy to be back in the blogosphere and hope you will pop over for a visit soon so we can catch up!!
♥ Teresa

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Great post, lots to think about!

Linda

Angela said...

Hey Chatty!

I'm glad that you and your family had a great time together for Christmas! I think you are the 3rd of 4th person I know that didn't have the traditional turkey and/or ham for Christmas dinner. I think I am going to join in on that band wagon for next year! lol I'm not a big fan of turkey. I prefer chicken.

What kind of a book did you write? That sounds fun!

Have a Great Day!
Angela

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Very upbeat post and thinking material!
So glad that you had a great Christmas...tell us more about your book, will ya?

Babs said...

Great positive thoughts/actions for the New Year! Thanks.

Cynthia K. said...

Hi Chatty ~ Thanks for your fun and interesting posts you always prepare for us - I appreciate you for that.

I want to say a special thanks for remembering those of us who are still hurting from loss of family members which causes Christmas to be rather difficult - thanks so much for your sweet prayer for us.

Blessings to you...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Deb said...

Overall, I am a positive person. I always see the glass half full as opposed to my husband who is totally negative. I wonder how our lives would be different if he only had hope.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Tap, tap, tap
do you mind if I drop in?
I wanted to thank you for coming to say hi to me.
I like new friends. You seem to be kind. I read your words and I love what I read. You said some important things that touched me.
I say puggie prayers for those who are sad and homeless. I know there are many.
I want to dance- like you said- like no one is dancing.
Come back again
love
tweedles

betty said...

what kind of book did you write, Sandie? neat that your son helped you see a dream of yours come true! sounds like, all in all you had a great day with perhaps some healing of things and perhaps opening of doors for future events, you just never know how the Lord works :)

I liked all your suggestions about how to have a good new year!! lots to take into consideration in the days ahead

betty

jeanmac said...

Lovely post, glad your Christmas was good!

ocmist said...

Your blogs are always so uplifting, and encouraging! I, too, want to know what kind of book you wrote, or is it just a "famly" keepsake type of book?

ocmist said...

Your blogs are always so uplifting, and encouraging! I, too, want to know what kind of book you wrote, or is it just a "famly" keepsake type of book?