"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Friday, August 24, 2012

Fun Friday

Thanks Kelly




 I was visiting my son last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper.

 'This is the 21st century, old man,' he said. 'We don't waste money on newspapers.

 Here, you can borrow my iPad.'

 I can tell you, that damn fly never knew what hit it...
(From Fran)

 




From Jenn at Jenn's Three Graces.

 


Senior's Driver's License



Now this doesn’t apply to me . . . . . yet, but . . . .A man was sitting on a lawn sunning and reading, when he was startled by a fairly late model car crashing through a hedge and coming to rest on his lawn. He helped the elderly driver out and sat her on a lawn chair.

“My goodness” he exclaimed, “you are quite old to be driving!” “Yes” she replied,” I am old enough that I don’t need a license anymore. The last time I went to my doctor he examined me, and asked if I had a drivers license. I told him yes and handed it to him. He took scissors out of a drawer, cut the license into pieces and threw them in the wastebasket.” ”You won’t be needing this anymore,” he said.

"So I thanked him and left.”
DON'T YOU JUST LOVE OUR SENIORS...
From Kim at Millie's Mats





From Marydon at Blushing Rose


 
Can you read this? You are a genius with a great brain!

7H15 M3554G3
53RV35 7O PR0V3
H0W 0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0 4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!
1MPR3551V3 7H1NG5!
1N 7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17 WA5 H4RD BU7
N0W, 0N 7H15 LIN3
Y0UR M1ND 1S
R34D1NG 17
4U70M471C4LLY
W17H 0U7 3V3N
7H1NK1NG 4B0U7 17,
B3 PROUD! 0NLY
C3R741N P30PL3 C4N
R3AD 7H15.
PL3453 F0RW4RD 1F
U C4N R34D 7H15.


 

Shampoo Warning!
I don't know WHY I didn't figure this out sooner!
I use shampoo in the shower!
When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very
clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,
"FOR EXTRA BODY AND VOLUME."
No wonder I have been gaining weight!
Well! I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering
with Dawn dishwashing soap instead. Its label reads,
"DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."
Thank you to Ann's Snap and Edit and Jerry from As the Crackerhead Crumbles.






I forget who - sorry.





THOUGHT OF THE DAY:


Thanks Kelly.


x_1af5533

Okay the cat - on the left - near the middle - right below or around the domino with a dot on it. So they say.

42 comments:

Remington said...

Great post, as always, my friend! Have a fun weekend!

Jill said...

What a fun pool party that would be. :)

Shelly said...

This was a great way to get the mind limbered up- have a wonderful weekend!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope your Friday is a fantastic one!

Rick Watson said...

I spewed coffee on the iPad with the newspaper gag.

MadSnapper said...

i love Daffy and always have. and the pool full of puppies I wish i were there... what fun that would be.

Miss Debbie said...

Funny about the shampoo....if only that were true and the Dawn would work!! :-)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Another awesome start to my day ... I especially liked the newspaper joke!

Anonymous said...

Great post as usual laughing as usual.

Have a good weekend.

Jocelyn said...

Ahhh!! I remember seeing that frog vid before. OUCH! lol

valerietilsten59.blogspot.com said...

Always something good from you on Fridays Sandie..
I love the shampoo one.):
as for the driving licence.. -well , i was pulled over the other day and when asked to show my papers. I was told i need to apply for a new licence. didnt see that coming. I am considered a pensioner now.
happy weekend
val

TexWisGirl said...

really like the newspaper/ipad one. :)

jack69 said...

SWEET, now I am ready for the weekend. some folks forget there are uses for a newspaper other than reading. hahahaha Love the whole thing, and for sure I ain't messing with the frog.
Love from here!!!!

The Boston Lady said...

I could read it! Maybe I need to join the CIA! Waving to u from Texas! Ann

TARYTERRE said...

ROFLMAO about the fly. Going to have to share that one. take care.

Bev said...

Well I can read it...amazing:)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I can read it...does that mean I'm a genius? har har! Love the one about the old lady and the drivers license! :D
Have a wonderful day and weekend, Sandie!!

Beth said...

Lots of smiles in today's post. Love the one about the elderly driver.

Have a great weekend.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You do get the best jokes sent to you! Thanks for sharing and making my Fridays funny!! Hugs, Linda

Grandma Bonnie said...

The newspaper joke made my day! Hope you have a great day.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Lots of fun stuff and I'm happy to say I'm a genius!! xoxo

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Don't mess with a frog! I found the cat--whoo- hoo...my eyes aren't totally shot!

Paula said...

Thanks for the advice about showering. I still buy a news paper once a week so bet the flies appreciate not being hit so hard.

barbara l. hale said...

Love that one about the iPad! My husband is glued to his. Maybe I should find a fly to swat.

Unknown said...

ok i hope i never end up in situation they cut up my liscense but if i end up on prescription morpine i know it will happen, but i pray i never have too.

awsome post as allways chatty

Catherine said...

Dear Sandee, Wonderful post...you always lighten my heart. Blessings dearest. Catherine xo

~mel said...

funny stuff ~ loved the frog!lol

Sally Wessely said...

Another great one!

Gina said...

So funny! The shampoo warning is hilarious.

I am now following you.

Inger said...

Tank you, this was so funny! I somehow missed your comment after I commented on your post about blue roses. I admire all those who work in special needs and I came to love the special needs people I met at my sister's place. I don't know what SPD is, I hope the baby will be OK, though. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Ann said...

a bunch of good ones there. I gave up on finding the cat

Susan said...

Oh wow, Sandie. You had so many good ones today. Hilarious. Susan

Nonnie said...

Yay!! I found the cat. Black and white, to the left, middle of page. (however, I did not see the domino or the instruction to look for a cat! Go figure.)

Dee said...

Found the cat..he is white and black. I found a square with a dot just above his to the left...not sure it is a domino. I enjoyed the frog video and got a big chuckle over the senior.Oh and the Ipad/newspaper is a good one .LOL

Lynn said...

I've been looking hard at that shampoo for a while now... out it goes! Happy Weekend:@)

Sweet Tea said...

Good "smilin'" material!
Thanks, Sandie!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Sandie, Loved the one about killing the fly.... AND--the one about the drivers license is priceless.

Cute one about the frog and ants...I had no problem reading that message.... Guess I'm a genius... ha ha

I've seen the shampoo one before... AND I've used alot of shampoo in my life... ha ha

Hallelujah---Thanks be to God for making this day!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Suzan said...

This is the first "Can you read this" that I've seen with numbers. For the longest time, one was ging around with all missed spelled words that was very easy to read. This was a bit more difficult- but got into the flow easy enough!
Love that frog video!

Anonymous said...

You are a joy! & great post.

SquirrelQueen said...

I'm still laughing about the newspaper. I'll be passing that one around.

I have now learned that it's not a good idea to tease a frog.

Love the Daffy Duck saying!

Marsha Young said...

Another set of smiles to share. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Loved the frog...still laughing..