"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, December 10, 2018

GROWING AND REMEMBERING - IT WAS A GOOD LIFE! AND MORE TO COME.


BRAIN TEASER:

 Brain Teaser Question: Frank's father has 5 sons. If the names of his 4 sons are Fefe, Fifi, Fofo, Fufu, respectively, then what would be the name of his 5th son?
Answer at the end.
brain teaser 3



Well it is the end of 2018 and the last semester of your senior year.  
I thought I'd take a look back on your life.

Your first mother's day - you grandma(me) hates pictures taken of her - can you tell?  
Four generations.  
The last words my mom every said was, "I love you," to you!

Andy and Andy dog.  You were named after your great uncle Andy - my brother.

So sweet and happy.

This was at your uncle's wedding.  
The one at the reception you tasted his cake way before it was cut.  
Everyone laughs about it now.









You and grandpa have always been besties.  He has always been there for you.  Always.
Of course your mom and I have been too - but grandpa is your man.


You took karate for ten years and ended up a second degree black belt.  
You are halfway to your 3rd degree black belt.


Shiloh Christian School



Going to see Keith Urban


Funny.


Halloween


You are in the middle.

Both of my grandsons.


You and your dad.


Growing up - driving - and Homecoming.


 Friends at North Cobb Christian High School


Your mom and you - going to Homecoming with Megan. 

Your first accident. 



We had pictures taken - when you were little - grandpa and I would take your hands and swing you between us - this is us trying again!

YOU'VE COME A LONG WAY BABY!
THE END OF ONE SEASON -
- AND THE BEGINNING OF ANOTHER.
YOU'VE GOT A LONG WAY TO GO!
I love you!  gma

DISCO'S CORNER:

I love you too Disco.


SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT:




LAUGHTER:

TRUE FOR ME!








ANSWER FROM BRAIN TEASER:  FRANK   LOL

21 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Time in a capsule, it passes through so quickly, but oh, what wonderful memories are made.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a great way to show how fast life goes. He is now all grown up but such an important part of your life.
Wonderful pictures and great times for sure ! The best is yet to come !

Sylvia said...

Time is a precious gift and should be filled with all the Love we can give to others. They do grow up fast.

Abby said...

What nice memories of Andy. They really grow up fast, don't they? I remember hearing my parents say that, and I would groan, but it's so true!
Looks like he's had a very nice life (so far), thanks to all of you!

Cheri said...

I go it...the brain teaser! These pictures are such great memories, Sandie, and Andy is such a handsome young man. Hard to believe how time flies by. I am guessing he is going to college? That will be the next adventure. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Love ya

betty said...

This was a touching post! I hope your grandson sees it! I bet you are just amazed that he will be graduating so very soon, probably shaking your head wondering how could the time go by so fast! I think this is the first picture I saw of his dad.

You all raised a great young man. I'm sure he will do great things in the rest of his life.

I didn't get the brain teaser, LOL. Thought I did :)

betty

Terri D said...

What a fun walk down memory lane! Your young man is SO handsome and I just know he is going to excel at whatever he puts his mind to. He is blessed to have such a loving and supporting family!

MadSnapper said...

He is so handsome! that last photo of him is really fantastic and my favorite photo from his life story is next to last trying to swing him. LOVE IT

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

They grow us so fast
Yeah knew the answer was Frank
I am a morning person

Ginny Hartzler said...

He has grown into such a handsome man!!! The first picture that I would have really recognized him is with the dolphin. And I really enjoyed seeing your husband.

jack69 said...

I got Frank, after a little while but before I read the answer. Even looked up vowels, I thought Y was also one. Then it hit me. hahaha
Ahh you are proud of that grandson and have a right to be. Not every one is so lucky and lose the boy to drugs by this time. You are blessed!!!
Sherry & jack

Red Rose Alley said...

What a nice post sharing memories you had with Andy. He's a handsome young man, and I love the last picture of him by the Christmas tree. The red flannel he's sitting on really stands out in the picture, love that. The one of you trying to swing him made me laugh. If only we could still swing our grown up kids. : ) Wow, he's almost got a black belt, that's awesome. I would love to have seen the wedding cake he got into before it was cut hahaha.

Happy Christmas season to you, Sandie. Give Disco a hug for me.

love, ~Sheri

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I'm with you on the morning person happening at noon! I love all the photo's. What a sweet post. I have to say that I love your grandson's hair. FYFY

Mevely317 said...

So many of these photos I recall, as if it were yesterday. Man, time is a thief! The one of him as ring bearer … oh, my. That should be a Hallmark card!

Merlesworld said...

Life goes by so fast never long enough and the young grow much faster as we get older.
Merle...........

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I can't believe how grown up Andy is. They just get big before our eyes don't they. Good to read your post Sandie. Hugs and Merry Christmas my friend.

Susan said...

Lovely tribute, Sandie. A is a very handsome, kind young man. Good job, Grammie, Grampa, and Mom! Hugs, Susan

Small Kucing said...

Hahahaha... you had me right there. Was thinking who could it be...


Have a nice weekend!

Cranberry Morning said...

He is sure one handsome kid!!!!!
What a nice post. Love the pic of you guys trying to swing him. LOL xoxoxo

Nonnie said...

Sandie, what a great growing up before your eyes post of your handsome baby boy turned grown up! So handsome and such a cutie as he was growing up. My favorite picture in all of this is with Andy between his grandparents trying to create that moment from years past. Sorry Disco, you couldn't steal the show this time. Sandie, why are you always trying to tease our brains? 😂

Red Rose Alley said...

Merry Christmas, Sandie!

~love, me : )