"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, April 29, 2019

Easter 2019, A Visit With My Other Grandson, Painting a rock, a squirrel and my computer.


Easter is the MOST IMPORTANT HOLIDAY in the year.
(To Me.)
Hope everyone had a blessed Easter.

This is my other precious grand.  I don't get to see him but a couple times a year - but he is special to me too~
They came down for a visit - while grandson 1 was in Guatemala.

Grandson 1's school has a huge rock that can be painted.
We decided to paint it for his 18th birthday as a surprise.

The last time it was painted was by the football team.

That is my son, his wife, and hubs.


It took six cans of spray paint from WalMart.  It was only 97¢ a piece from there.
The yellow paint $2.97.
The brushes from the Dollar Store.

It's all black now.

We started with the 18 - why I don't know, but my son just put the 18 on there. Rick trying to fix it.


Not exactly centered - lol.

Working away and someone resting in the heat.

We had grandson 2 put his name on the back of the rock.

I think he did a great job. 

He put a cross on it - sweet.

He was so proud of it.

My Ohio Family.

Grandson 2

Three generations of men.  



Will LOVES Disco - Disco not so much Will.  But at least he didn't bite or growl at him.

Disco sneaking away.



Okay when they arrived Friday - we had been have 'squirrel' issues for awhile and the squirrel just went into the trap about a half hour before they got here.
We said first thing to him we needed him to get a squirrel out of the attic.
He thought we were teasing him, but we were not.
He wasn't afraid tho.

We took the squirrel about ten miles away and let him lose.




After that weekend - this is what my guy Disco did . . . 

It is hard to be depressed when you have an animal - right?
Most of the time yes.  Unless you computer DIES.
My computer which was 17 years old - verified by the tech that came out who was shocked.
I did get a new Dell.
Yes the man was able to save everything and then my computer died for good.
So I have everything - except my mind - which I had been slowly losing just from nature - losing it faster when the computer died - now having to learn Windows ten and OUTLOOK!
I can't tell you - and I am NOT proud of myself - how stressful it was without my computer.  
It was like a teen without his cell phone.
I mean it I was bad.
Nothing was in once place.
I couldn't do what I did before.
I felt lost.

Now here is a funny fact pushing me over the edge now.  
I have my address book on Andy's computer.  How or why???
I have all my folders on Rick's computer.  How or why??
I have no idea.

All the computers had something wrong with them - the man came and 'fixed' them so we have five - yes five working computers now (including Kelly and Andy's - Rick's two laptops - and mine.
And it seems my stuff is everywhere, but on mine. 

Nothing goes easy and I gotta get that fixed.
Have patience with me.
It has been rough.

JOKE





CHATTY CRONE

26 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Life without a computer isn't fun is it? We are all so reliant on them. Sad but true. Love the photos of your other Grandson.

Anonymous said...

The painted rocks are amazing! Poor disco, he is such a sweet heart reminds soooo much of our dog. They could have been related lol, it’s really amazing how we have become attached to our computers and even more amazing how frustrated they make us lol, I’m glad it’s getting worked out for you,

jack69 said...

OH YES, we did miss you. I was proud you could make some comments as you waited (Not so patiently it seems. LOL) Enjoyed the rock painting and the painting by Will. I know he was proud.
Glad you did get the computer and yep it is funny how we actually depend on these things.

Loved the joke.
Love from up here,
Sherry & jack.

MadSnapper said...

did you get a new desktop computer or a new laptop? about the painted rock birthday card. really cool idea. so now is someone else wants to they can paint over the painting your family did. right? love it... glad you got a visit from your other grandson.... and hope the computer issues are soon fixed and you have your stuff on your computer

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

What a great family project. Will seems very happy with it all.

Remembering back to the dark ages, BC ( before computers), I think life was less stressful. However, because we have them now, we can’t live without them.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What fun with the rock! So good to have family come to visit. I have several out of towners here and it's not easy but we try and make up for it when we are together. Getting a new computer is not easy at all. Thankfully you were able to save things from the old one though. You were lucky you had one last 17 years. That is unusual.

Cheri said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter and love the painted rock idea, very cool. Computer problems are the worst. I never realized how much time I spend on mine or how dependent...you are right...it is like a teenager without their cell phone.

Abby said...

Nice job on that rock! I like Will's "subtle" autograph :)
Your ex-computer was 17 years old?!? I can't imagine. Glad your up and running again!

Granny Annie said...

That birthday rock was the coolest thing ever.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sandie - love the chicken and her eggs - brilliant! But more importantly so glad you enjoyed the visit of your other grandson with family ... lovely to see and the idea for the rock is great - now good luck with the computer/s - cheers Hilary

Mevely317 said...

That picture of Jesus in the garden is so moving! Thank you for sharing it, Sandie! Love the idea of a painted rock! Is this something you have to reserve in advance? Way to think outside the box! I can't believe Will is getting so tall; why I remember when he was first born!

Red Rose Alley said...

What a beautiful picture of Jesus and the Angel, Sandie. I think I'll save that one. Wow, that is ONE huge rock! That was a nice surprise for your family to paint it for Andy's birthday. That's a cute picture of Will and Disco. You caught a squirrel and then let him loose? You know, I always take pictures of them, but what people may not know is that I'm a bit scared of them, so never get too close. So glad to hear your computer is fixed now. I can't imagine not being able to use mine for that long. That is the funniest picture of the all the doggies in the bottle. I'll have to send that to Nel, as she LOVES LOVES her dog.

Wishing you wonderful May days, Sandie.

love, ~Sheri

betty said...

That was sweet with the rock painting. Glad that your son and his family could be there to help out! I do think Will did a great job with his printing! How funny about the squirrel! What an adventure that was I'm sure for Will. Glad you did get a new computer and glad that you were able to save everything. I just got a new computer last month. Learning Outlook myself!

betty

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your post today! Especially Disco trying to get away, so cute! What fun with the rock painting! You sure have a beautiful family. I would have been the same as you, maybe even worse, if this happened to my computer. But now it is new, and you can transfer everything to it and no worries. The word on squirrels and chipmunks is that you have to take them 25 miles away, or they will return. Sorry!! I had a friend whose husband made big trips all the time with cages of chipmunks.

Terri D said...

The only thing worse than car trouble is computer trouble! They both stick you in a place with nowhere to go and nothing to do! LOL Glad you are back in business! It was great seeing your Ohio family members! Also fun that they painted the rock for Andy. Good ol' Disco!! It always fun seeing you here, Sandie! Missed you!

barbara woods said...

we are addicted to them

Saimi said...

What a fun activity painting a rock, a huge rock at that! Happy Birthday to your Andy!! I have a brother named Andy. Man computer problems are no fun at all. My youngest son is my geek squad. Whenever I have an issue I can't resolve I call him and he walks me through it haha. Hang in there you did a good job on your post and how I love that cartoon about the chicken! Very clever!!
Take Care
Saimi

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That rock is so awesome! Did he love it? Computers can be so frustrating. That's strange about your items being on other computers but not yours. Glad you got to spend time with your other grandson.

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I like the rock, really nice, we have a large rock out the front of our house and now I want to ask Leo if he wants to paint it.

The chicken joke made me laugh

Nonnie said...

Really sad how we have come to depend on something that in 1990 I never dreamed we would even have in our homes, let alone use it constantly. I’m glad you’re all fixed up. Now I think I better call the Geek Squad to check my computers while they are working. Nice visit with your Ohio family and that is a very cute boy you have there. So anybody can just go paint the rock and then someone else can come paint over what you painted? Cool. Poor Disco! I love your graphic about the dogs in the jar. So true.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love the birthday rock …
So nice to see all the photographs you've shared here.

So pleased that you are all sorted with the computer issues, I don't like being without one either!

Happy May wishes, and have a good weekend.

All the best Jan

mail4rosey said...

The first logical explanation for why the chicken crossed the road!! :) The rock looks awesome. Glad you got to visit w/your grand. Sorry to hear about the computers!

Carol Henstra said...

Welcome back my friend. I enjoyed the rock and your Grandson.
Wow 18 years with a computer is a long time. I have gone through computers like I have gone through potato chips . Now I dont eat potato chips. Ha.ha.

I still have you on my list. Noticed this morning. Your back Ya!

photowannabe said...

Computers are such a necessary evil to me...I spend far too long on mine.
Hope you can get all "your" stuff on your computer now. Happy dance for the guy able to recover all your lost stuff.
I am so NOT tech savy..scary if this computer dies.

photowannabe said...

My email is at the bottom of my blog post...but here it is anyway..
belfry@wavecable.com
Sue....photowannabe

photowannabe said...

Yippee...so glad you could finally get into my blog post...
Fickle blogspot I guess!
Sue of photowannabe