"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Monday, April 03, 2023

APRIL 3 PALM SUNDAY then EASTER IS COMES! A MINI SERMON.


Jesus rode into the city of Jerusalem on a donkey - He was riding in as king - but the people didn't understand it at that time. 

HE WAS COMING AS THE MESSIAH, but He was coming in peace not as a warrior and people at that time wanted a warrior to take over Rome.

So, they cried out for His crucifixion instead. 


Then of course there was about a week of trials and pain.  

Have you ever studied was a crucifixion was like?  Look it up some time. :(

It is so hard for me to believe that He did that for me.  I don't always feel worthy of Him doing that.


Easter - the most important day of the year - even more important than Christmas. Christmas was probably not even His birthday - that was probably sometime in early April.

He died.

Was laid for three days in a tomb.

THEN HE ROSE!


If He didn't do these things - none of this is true.

History is based on this.

Millions of books have been written about this.

The calendar is based on this.

Almost everyone and almost every country has heard of Him.

He was willing to be crucified.

There are about 600 predictions in the Old Testament about Him.

I heard Josh McDowell put it this way, 

"He was either a liar, a lunatic, or the Messiah."

Something we all have to is decide what 

is true.


Love, sandie

18 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Easter season ! This is to be the holiest week of the year and I will gladly say, Hallaluia to Christ the King!

NanaDiana said...

I had never heard that quote by McDowell. Love it! That many historians can't be wrong. xo Diana

jack69 said...

This visit is inspiring. THANKS. YES we owe HIM soooo much. Sending LOVE your way from Florida. TAke care of yourself and hold tight to this entry, it is so very true.
Love ya
Sherry & jack in the sun

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for sharing. I hope you have a lovely Easter Sunday. We will be going to Adam and Gabby's.
He has risen indeed!!!!

Mevely317 said...

A Messiah indeed! Hallaluia!

photowannabe said...

Hallelujah, The King is Coming!
I love the Josh McDowell quote..so true.
Now I have a ton of songs going through my head this morning..
Not a bad thing for sure. They are full of Promise and Hope.
Sue

Julia said...

Thank you for this Sandie. If it wasn't for Christ, we probably would not be here as the people would have killed each other a long time ago.
I don't feel worthy either but I'm so thankful and I put all my trust in Him and his mercy.

Have a blessed Holy Week.
Hugs, Julia

Ginny Hartzler said...

Sandie, this is a great post for Easter week!!

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

I liked this

Debby said...

I enjoyed this post Sandie. and it rings with TRUTH.

Terri D said...

I know what is true!! He is the Messiah!! Amen. Love & hugs!

Prims By The Water said...

Well I Sure do believe and there are those who chose to be crucified somewhere in the Middle East to honor Jesus. Janice

MadSnapper said...

thank you Sandie, Amen and Amen

Donna said...

He is my truth...
hugs
Donna

Red Rose Alley said...

Jesus is the light of the world!

Thanks for all the visits to the blog, special comments, and wonderful e-mails. I appreciate your friendship so much.

Happy Easter, Sandie!

~Sheri

mail4rosey said...

He has risen from the dead and he is Lord (do you know the song?). xoxo

Sandy in Alaska said...

Beautifully written, Miss Sandie! I read about the process the body would go through during crucifixion years back and it felt like my heart stopped, just thinking Jesus had to go through that. For us and He did it with love. But He won and showed the world who He really is and continues to this day. Thousands of years later and He still here. I love Easter and the victory we celebrate! God bless you with a special Easter week! ~Sandy

Lowcarb team member said...

A good post for Easter week.
Thank you.

All the best Jan