"Life is lived forward, but understood backward. It is not until we are down the road and we stand on the mountain looking back through the valley that we can appreciate the terrain God has allowed us to scale.” Jill Savage

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

BIRTHDAYS!

                                                     Thank you Debby !

 This month is my daughter's 46th birthday (2/15) and my 71st birthday - TODAY!  

I guess what I have to say about it - is glad I have made it this far!

I have finally recovered from Covid.  So, while I can try to protect myself from Covid - and I will - when my husband gets it and gives it to me - how do I protect myself then - that is what I have to figure out.  I knew he was sick - but didn't think about it being Covid when I took care of him.  That was so incredibly dumb.  I am one of these types that when I get anything - it goes to my lungs and then I have it forever.

Well, another birthday and I am grateful.

My daughter was due on my birthday, but being my second C section back in those days they took the babies early.  They did the embryo synthesis - where the take fluid of the sac and check to see if the lungs were okay. They did that on Valentine's Day and she was ready! and she came on the 15th.

I didn't know whether it was a girl or a boy - I had a son - and when it was a little girl we were thrilled.  One of each - a wonderful family.

I sure have been blessed by my family.  Not everything was perfect - but you know the story where if everyone threw their problems in a room and you could go in there and trade for someone else's problems - they say you'd come out with your own.  True.  I wouldn't trade my life.













I definitely have to take more pictures of her and me.

To tell the truth most photos have my grandson in them.

Next is grandson and grandpa - two buddies forever.  In fact, I made a book for grandson's birthday in April - haven't received it yet - but of him and grandpa through the years.  There is any body besides his wife that he is that close to.


The latest picture of Chatty.

I wish the newlyweds were in it too - but this is what was planned.
My hubs, me, my son, my daughter, my other wonderful grandson, and daughter-in-law.








15 comments:

DUTA said...

Happy Birthday to you Sandie, and your daughter! Many happy returns of the Day!
Such a beautiful family! May they all be healthy ,happy, and successful in life!

MadSnapper said...

Happy Birthday twice and love all the family pics...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday to You! May you be blessed with many more days to celebrate! You do have a wonderful family. You can tell you share a lot of love for each other! How wonderful you and your daughter have your own special day and don't have to share the day with each other. However you look at it, family does always stick together and are there for each other through the thick and thin.

Mevely317 said...

Happy Birthday blessings ... both to you and your lovely daughter! I remember those 'pre reveal' days when our babies' genders were a surprise! Yours is a beautiful family, Sandie.

photowannabe said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday Sandie.
You have such a wonderful family, I love seeing all the photos.
So glad you are finally feeling better and you and your Hubby are over that awful Covid.
'Take Care and enjoy your special day.
Sue

acorn hollow said...

Happy Birthday to you both!! So glad you are feeling better. When one of us gets sick we both slap on masks right away and move to the spare bedroom. Husband is very prone to pneumonia so we are both so careful it doesn't always work but it does most times.
Cathy

Jo-Anne's Ramblings said...

Birthday wishes from me here in Newie looks like happy people in these photos, I wish I could get my grandsons to be in more photo, I have been lucky in that I haven't had Covid or been really sic in a long time we are talking years.

Red Rose Alley said...

Happy Birthday! To both of you! I'm glad that you are feeling better. A wonderful picture of all of you.....and then you at the wedding! I hope your day is filled with all the things you love, Sandie. Enjoy it to the fullest!

~Sheri

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy Birthday to both of you! You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family!

Terri D said...

Happy birthday!! I really enjoyed all the photos you shared! I'm a year ahead of you but we are of the same generation and life is good! Love and hugs!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Happy Birthday and you're welcome! Happy birthday to your daughter too. Glad you are feeling better. When Mark had Covid we were separated in the house. He got it, then was negative, took those pills they had out at the time and got it again. I did not get it. I had 2 c-sections too. Love the photos you shared. Hope you had a lovely day. Love you.

Linda said...

Happy BIRTHDAY!!! You do have a beautiful family!
I am so glad you are over Covid. My sister had just recovered from it and got the all clear and went back to work. The very next morning she was sick and by that afternoon was on life support. She tested positive for Covid and that's what attacked her liver and kidneys.

I pray you never have to be around it again!

Sparky said...

Sorry I'm late!! (I sound like the White Rabbit. lol) Belated Happy Birthday to you Sandie, and your daughter. Sweet post.
Blessings. 😁

Prims By The Water said...

Happy belated birthday to you. You are still a youngster in my opinion. Also glad you are over with covid and hope hubby is feeling better now too.Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased you are over Covid.
Many belated happy birthday wishes to you and your daughter.
Love the photographs you shared here.

Have a happy month of March.

All the best Jan